Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Last minute Tonga Hut run!

Pages: 1 13 replies

M

Any Tiki Centralites in the LA San Fernando Valley area, feel like a stop at the Tonga Hut tonight friday (1/23/04)?? A few of us will be there 2nite about 8pm!!!

12808 Victory Blvd. (west of the 170 freeway)
North Hollywood

818-769-0708

hey mriddle,
i will be there, and will try to rope the in the fiancee. i believe evil mastermind and his gal will also be in attendance.

just to be TC correct, and to avoid someone nailing you for the dreaded "posted in the wrong area" this should probably have been put in the tiki events section. yeh we are saved

H

Tonga Hut's been on my to-see list for some time now. I'll try to be there tonight.

I hope to meet up with you all there. It'd be between 8 and 9 so hopefully you'll still be around.
Fun!

-Weird Unc

look forward to meeting you all
weirdo, i just looked up yer photo soes ile nose whose use is

[ Edited by: tikitanked on 2004-01-23 17:43 ]

I'm in - can't wait to see their new upgrades. Anyone mind if I light up a stogie to go with my MaiTai?

Had a great time meeting christiki295, tikitanked, Evil Mastermind and mriddle and their assorted better halves for the first time, and it's always a pleasure to visit with that loveable drink snob, weirdunc. He's a brave one, he ordered a Blue Hawaii... what he got looked more like a Blue Hawaiian and it appeared that the taste was, well, better left undescribed. Evil Mastermind ordered a zombie, which had the advertised effect as it was pretty much solid alcohol. Yikes! They do pour them stiff there, if that's your thing. Worth the trip out there, though -- Tonga Hut is 1/2 of the way to being a really fantastic tiki bar, it's got some outstanding aspects to it. It will be interesting to check back after the new owners have taken over next month.

Here's some pics!

Weird Uncle Tiki takes one for the team

l to r: so of christiki295, christiki295, weirduncletiki, tikitanked, so of tikitanked, mriddle, so of Evil Mastermind, so of mriddle, Evil Mastermind

A very, very wrong sight at a tiki get-together

Per usual, more pics here.

Indeed, a fine time! I reallly enjoyed meeting some new Los Angeles Tiki Centralites and seeing some familiar faces at the often overlooked Tonga Hut. That Blue Hawaiian would have made me turn my huge "loveable drink snob" nose up at it if the charming bartender hadn't been so friendly. Her happy and warm smile let me know that even though beer may be the safest bet, the tropicals are made with the secret ingredient of love and that made all the difference! Now, more Tiki Central hang nights there! Let's show the new owners what we're all about.

-Weird Unc

humu thanks for the pics. weird uncle, it was a pleasure, and i think it would be great to make Tiki Ti on wednesdays, and fridays, or for that matter, sunday through tuesdays at the Tonga.
look forward to doing it again. maybe we can convince the new owners to put a a little lovin restoration in and miller signs out.

awe i'm jealous :(

wish i could have been there...
but happy to see pics from home base.

M

Its was wonderful to meet your guys (and gals)! I look forward to hooking up again. Perhaps a Tiki Ti or Purple Orchid run sometime!!

Humuhumu: You overlooked getting a picture of your extraordinary bamboo purse.

Thanks everyone for a wonderful evening!

Ooochy! Those drinks were mean!

I had a helluva next day...

Must... respect... tonga... boozes.... wheeze

It was a lot of fun, I'll go again, but maybe a couple less mai tais...

Pages: 1 13 replies