Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

I have a Witco Question

Pages: 1 2 replies

I have a question:

Did Witco ever make a wooden utensils piece? 'cause I think I just bought it at the thrift store.

I'll try to describe it (I'll add a photo later, no digi-cam):

The utensils are dark wood and organic (very Witco looking) and they are mounted on a wood framed chip-board that is broken up into 6 compartments (3 are small and painted in 50's colours, 3 are large and the wooden knife, fork or spoon are mounted inside). The overall size of this piece is 3 1/2 feet tall by 2 1/2 feet wide. All the utensils are mounted with the handles pointed upward.

More detail:

The compartments occur as follows; the piece is divided into three columns.

The first column is then intersected at about 5/6ths of the way down. The top part of the column houses the large wooden knife. The bottom part of this first column (from the left) is painted aqua blue.

The second (middle) column is intersected at about 1/6th of the way down. The top section is painted a darker orange. The bottom 5/6th houses the large fork.

the third column is intersected like the first column, about 5/6ths of the way down. the top portion houses the spoon. The bottom section is painted a light yellow ochre.

Any info would be appreciated.

-Slacks

K

Hey sf I found a picture of what you explained. It is called "knife fork and spoon" #w-29 it should measure 30 by 40 inches over all. Funny how many things are out there. Nice find!

Thanks Keigs! That must be it. It has W29 552875 written on the back in black felt marker.
I feel pretty lucky. The lady who sold it to me said she just sold the king and queen pieces shortly before I got there. (Oh man...)
Does anybody have more information on this piece? I've done a search on Google and nothing comes up.

-Slacks

Pages: 1 2 replies