Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

"Tiki Ruins" art print preview

Pages: 1 8 replies

I've just posted a preview of my first limited edition print. I'm still checking out my options and they will either be lithograph or giclee prints. Any thoughts on this? You can check it out at http://www.nicefishy.com . You may have to scroll down a little.

Hey! What's with the "crickets"?

Surely this image would provoke some kind of comment.

I have decided to go with a limited edition of 100 giclee prints. Image size will be 10.5 x 14" on a 15 x 18" sheet of watercolor paper with archival inks. I have already presold 5 pieces.

pretty trippy, fishy. the light reflecting in the water is a nice effect.

Nice Fishy,
Nice print, love the perspective and the depth. How did you go about getting the print made, I would like to get a few of my paintings made up, if it isn't too difficult or expensive. Keep up the good work.

Thanks guys.

How did you go about getting the print made, I would like to get a few of my paintings made up, if it isn't too difficult or expensive. Keep up the good work.

I found "Crimson Atelier" online who has, as far as I can find, the best giclee prices and ordering options. You can order as few as 15 at a time. http://www.crimsonatelier.com

T

Nice Fishy,
Thanks for the link, looks like a good place. When I paint something worth printing, I will send it here. Good luck with your first one...

Hey nice fishy, your colors are rich, and I also like the face designs on your tikis - they are original. What medium did you use for the piece?

I used Adobe Photoshop, but didn't use photos. It is all drawn using paths and Alpha channels, and many layers. I try to draw the tikis from my head, but there is no doubt similarities to tikis I've seen. The one in the far distance is based on Mick Jagger.

On 2004-02-02 16:31, nice fishy wrote:
I used Adobe Photoshop, but didn't use photos. It is all drawn using paths and Alpha channels, and many layers. I try to draw the tikis from my head, but there is no doubt similarities to tikis I've seen. The one in the far distance is based on Mick Jagger.

Oh yeah, I definitely see Sir Mick there. Cool.

Pages: 1 8 replies