Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

I am so drunk...

Pages: 1 21 replies

Oh god the best thing about having moved to Long Beach is that I am now about two minutes from my favorite bar. It sure beats getting plastered and having to drive a half hour home. Still looking forward to some Tiki Drinking though. The next Oasis is a long way off but hey luckily there the Purple Orchods Valentines Day is coming up. I should get my tiki drink fix there. Until then I guess I'll have to make due swilling Jack and Cokes... The sacrifices I make.

What's the name of your favorite bar, Sam?

On 2004-01-25 03:48, paranoid123 wrote:
What's the name of your favorite bar, Sam?

He won't remember this post in the morning.

I'm with you Fred! My favorite bar in the LBC is still Joe J's (man I love picked eggs and pretzels).

He won't remember this post in the morning.

I actually did not remember this post until Chiki Tiki brought it up to me about two minutes ago. You are a wise, wise person.

Oh and my favorite bar is Alex's Bar on Cherry. I'm there at least 3 times a week. My favorite is Mondays when the place is pretty empty except for a few locals that come out to Alex's to watch the Surreal Life, or some cheesy 80's movie the bartender has on Like "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun". By the way, the Monday night bartender, Stacy, what a cutie and what a sweetheart. She always takes good care of the regulars.

On 2004-01-25 18:47, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I'm with you Fred! My favorite bar in the LBC is still Joe J's (man I love picked eggs and pretzels).

Bong, I hope your talkin' about Joe Jost's on Anaheim. I used to go in there with my dad when I was a kid (and a lot more later when I could buy beer). The Joe's special (polish sausage on rye, pickled egg and glass of Pabst draft) is the only way to start the day.

Oh and my favorite bar is Alex's Bar on Cherry. I'm there at least 3 times a week.

Suicide Sam, if you're two minutes away from this bar, we might be next door neighbors.

But Alex's Bar is on Anaheim Blvd, right?

B

On 2004-01-25 02:08, suicide_sam wrote: The next Oasis is a long way off but hey luckily there the Purple Orchods on Valentines Day is coming up.

Fred, You know I'd drink you under the table if I was there..
-Lisa

Joe Jost's, best special in town, is anybody here on their wall of pictures?

Hey Paranoid, yea I'm right near Alex's on Gaviota about a block off of Anaheim.

Lis, hey babe, I think this is the first time I seen ya post on here. I got the itenerary for Italy, We is gonna have some fun!

Suicide Sam, if you're two minutes away from this bar, we might be next door neighbors.

But Alex's Bar is on Anaheim Blvd, right?

Yeah your right I meant near Cherry. I ususally use Cherry as the ladnmark because if you tell people Anaheim they think you're talking about the city.

Well It's monday night, I guess it's time I payed a visit to my favorite watering hole. On second thought, screw the watering hole, I'm going to Alex's Bar.

[ Edited by: suicide_sam on 2004-01-26 21:57 ]

Sam, you should check out TikiShout!. It's perfect for when you're drunk! :)

~Hanford

Long Beach has a ton of great bars. Here are my favorites. Joe Jost's-cool shirts!
EJ Malloy's-best wings ever!
Reno Room-a funky dive
Blue Cafe-great music-usually
Alex's-Lots of OO Soul
Foothill-RIP
Art Deco bar on Queen Mary
House of Haden-Females!

In case your wondering I don't drink much.

You missed the V-Room and The Red Room. Only problem with the Red Room is the later it gets the more tragically hip the crowd gets. Lots of guys in tight pants and big hair.

TB

How about the bbc (Belmont Brewing Company).

TB

Also forgot Limericks in nearby naples.

[ Edited by: Tiki Bird on 2004-01-28 13:39 ]

I can't vouch for the bar, but Club 36/36 has a cool neon sign. What the hell does club 36/36 mean? I saw a VH-1 reuniting the bans episode the other night, and one of the members lives in Long Beach and said he plays at a local bar. He didn't say which one unfortunately.

On 2004-01-27 11:06, tiki-riviera wrote:

[snip]

House of Haden-Females!  

In case your wondering I don't drink much.

Tiki Riviera,

Can you tell me more about House of Haden, its location, and about the Females therein?!?!?

Thanks!

Is the Prospector still there on 7th and Redondo? I used to live within stumbling distance for about a year. A local old folks piano bar kinda place w/ not too bad of eats either.

swj, is the prospector also a bbq joint?, if so its still their.

On 2004-01-28 18:54, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
Is the Prospector still there on 7th and Redondo? I used to live within stumbling distance for about a year. A local old folks piano bar kinda place w/ not too bad of eats either.

The the Prospector is still there, and there's daily special on the ouside wall:

http://www.prospectorlongbeach.com/

thanks paranoid123, cool site. I got the cross-street wrong but dat da place. I need to make a Long Beach road trip...SOON! San Diego's version of the Prospector would probably be Pinnacle Pete's (or Peaks), but it just ain't the same.

Pages: 1 21 replies