Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

puffer fish lamp

Pages: 1 7 replies

Just finished making my first puffer fish lamp. Total cost around $12.00. Looks great and I have 3 different colored bulbs when I want a change. Some of the quills have my dried blood on them, probably a right of passage.

Any pics?

And how big is the fish? $12 bucks seems cheap.

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. I purchased the fish at a store in San Diego, only about 8 in long, cost $7.00. The cord/socket/switch was $4.50 and 2 bulbs for 25 cents ea. Do you think if I made more they would sell?

S

They might sell, but probably most of the buyers are right here on this board! Try one and see. For many people, the puffer lamp is a mystery. We know how easy it is though.

On 2004-01-27 10:53, tiki-riviera wrote:

Unfortunately I haven't figured out how to post pics yet. I purchased the fish at a store in San Diego, only about 8 in long, cost $7.00. The cord/socket/switch was $4.50 and 2 bulbs for 25 cents ea. Do you think if I made more they would sell?

Which store in San Diego? Was it in PB or another Beach City?

Hey Freddie,

I think the store was in Pacific Beach. I was
at a conference for work and I happened upon the store. They had all kinds of ocean/beach related items. There is also a store on main street in Seal Beach that has a good selection of smaller puffer fish.

Thank you! I think I know the 1 you're talking about. I haven't been to PB since getting back to San Diego, so I'll try to visit soon. I just got a string of lights with those little clamp-y things @ the top that would slip nicely into a large Puffer Fish...

Pages: 1 7 replies