Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Wine tasting at the BonaVista Lounge on top of Los Angeles Wednesday January 28-Souvenir mugs, too!

Pages: 1 3 replies

Aloha, wine connoisseurs! I'll be pouring the good stuff (and I mean the really good stuff) at this fun event on Wednesday. It'll be held in the BonaVista Lounge on top of the Westin Bonaventure hotel downtown. These folks are very enthusiastic and kinda kookoo so Wine Brats events are far from stuffy old-dude style wine tastings. Added bonus: The BonaVista Lounge has SEVERAL custom ceramic souvenir drink mugs, all in shapes depicting different aspects of California and Los Angeles. Come eat good food, drink fabulous wine, take home souvenir mugs, help a worthy cause and have fun! For tickets and info go here:
http://la.winebrats.org/events.html

Here's the info:

January 28, 2002
1st Annual 'In Vino Caritas' to Benefit Access Books

6:30-9:30pm
Westin Bonaventure Hotel
404 S Figueroa St
Los Angeles CA 90071
Directions: 213.624.1000
Wine Brats LA, the Westin Bonaventure Hotel and Access Books invite you to "In Vino Caritas" (In Wine, Charity) as we raise money and books for the library at Thomas Alva Edison Middle School in South Central Los Angeles. Come experience 12+ wineries from all over California, a custom food tasting menu and a silent auction as we take over the entire BonaVista Lounge on the 34th floor with its panoramic views.

Special: $47.50 Per Person
Retail: $55.00

[ Edited by: weirduncletiki on 2004-01-27 11:25 ]

What a small world. My first job out of college was manager of Bonavista Lounge. In case you don't know, it rotates. I loved it when I was seating guests and they would say "I don't want to sit in front of this beam, I can't see the view." To which I would reply "don't worry, you'll rotate past it."

DZ

I used to work for a company downtown at 7th and Grand, and every year we'd have our Christmas dinner/party at The Top Of Five, having drinks at the Bona Vista beforehand. Downtown L.A. is quite a sight at Christmastime (but I imagine it will look great on Jan. 28th also!)

Judd!
How did it go?
I was just reading up on a great article on you and your wines. That bottle o' vino we got from you was certainly a taste treat!

Pages: 1 3 replies