Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Better hang on to this one if you find it!

Pages: 1 10 replies

T

I've been collecting vintage men's (girlie) magazines for years but I've never seen them fetch this much money before! (with the exception of the first few years of Playboy)

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3582066399&category=611&sspagename=STRK%3AMEBWA%3AIT&rd=1

D

Hmmmm...

I'll keep an eye out for that one. Makes me feel bad for Ebaying the only copy I had of 'Frolic Magazine' from the 50s.

Now that I think about it I held on to a somewhat bizarre full-color girlie mag from the 60s called 'Seize'. I still have it packed away somewhere around here. Got any dirt on that mag? has a great spread with a bunch of topless 60s chicks playing poker....strip poker that is.

T

Ahhh, and the seller is from "the Block", Baltimore's @ one time happening red light district.

T

My guess is that it was a battle between collectors of Greta Thyssen, a popular large-chested model of the 60s.

The seller is highly recommended by yours truly. They sell only the best and always start the bidding at $5 with no reserve. I have bought many items from them and have always been pleased.

S

Claudia Cardinale is a cutey, but that price is puzzling. Neither name has much to make me think it's worth that.

Yes, "The Block" in Baltimore. I had a girlfriend I used to visit up there and one day I went for a walk around downtown. As I was crossing the street, I noticed this girl crossing towards me was really lookng at me. Not a glance, just staring me down. It was odd and I thought maybe it was in my head. And that's when I noticed I had crossed the street from downtown office land to downtown XXX land. A half block later I realized that girl was a prostitute as I was getting the same look from a guy loitering on the block. It was very odd. A complete change of pace one block to the next...

J

It is amazing what vintage smut goes for. I was given a box of 70s and 80s magazines, sold it on eBay for what I thought was ridiculous prices ($10-$20 a copy) mags such as Gent, i look for them now at garage sales!!!

S

And I thought This was a high price...

Not that this has to do with anything, but I remember in 1970, my 4th grade teacher had the class do an art assignment using magazine pictures.

My bestfriend - Eddie Barnburger - brought in a box of magazines from his dads garage. To our suprise and delight, the bottom of the box was filled with Playboy etc.

We got caught when I turned in my assignment, which was sort of a mountain scene. Sort of a twin peaks if you get the picture... (^^)

(Eddie's currently doing 15-20 for tax evasion)

So Claudia Cardinale is the poor but resilient widow from "Once upon a time in the west"?

T

On 2004-01-28 07:24, Swanky wrote:
And I thought This was a high price...

Nice one that I don't have.

Pages: 1 10 replies