Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Random Road Trip: Martiki invades the Southland....

Pages: 1 20 replies

M

I've got a few days of weirdness between old and new jobs, so I'm hitting Lo Cal. At least, that's the plan. It's 5AM now, and I'm walking out the door and driving south. No plans yet, although I do want to hit OA and I'm thinking about Happy Hour at the Tiki Ti either tonight or Thursday or both. No OC or below for me on this trip, I'm afraid- I'll just wait until the OC Crawl.

Anybody out there want to host a wayward centralite for a night or meet for drinks or both?

Call me on the cell at 415-999-7929, as there's no email on the road, baby.

(I'll try to find an Internet cafe to catch up with this thread.)

I'll be meeting Martiki at OA about 2pm, if anyone else is interested in swingin' by....

Awww...I don't think the slave-drivers will let me leave early, but are there any plans to meet for drinks afterward?

Oceanic Arts encounter bumped to 3pm...!

when do the evening shennanigans start?

keep us posted about your plans for Tiki Ti please

M

Just popping in from the luxurious environs of The Spectacular East Indies Room, to say that it's 5:00 PM and I'm driving now to the Tiki-Ti. Hope to be there shortly after 6, traffic willing. No further plans at this time for tonight- but I'm open-
call the number above! Mahalo to everyone for the hospitality!

[ Edited by: martiki on 2004-01-28 18:16 ]

Hey, Tikitanked - We missed you last night. We even had Mike Sr. yell out, "TIKITANKED! TIKITANKED!" No reply. Sniff. We had a nifty time.

DANG! Didn't check posts this last afternoon! Anything on for tonight (Thurday?)

crap!!!
checked in right before the update was put up, then signed in at around 11:45, blew that one. are you guys going there again tonight, will definitely try to make it tonight. will also check back at this post closer to the evening.
hope you guys had a blast and some $5 rays mistakes.

I do believe that Martiki will revisit the Ti tonight. Hopefully he will check in here soon.

floratina - i was thinking about you so heavily last night - i was right around the corner from your place - but i didn't have my phone book on me...
maybe tonight i'll swing by the tiki ti and see if you're there?

Martiki and I will be venturing into the exclusive and mysterious Magic Castle in Holllywood tonight. If you'd like to join us, please let me know A.S.A.P. as I can only bring in eight people to the club. It'll be first come, first in the door. For more info on The Magic Castle check out http://www.magiccastle.com Be aware that they do have a STRICT dress code:

Men - Coat & tie, no jeans, no sneakers

Women - Elegant evening attire,dress preferred, pants suit with matching jacket okay.

Please be sure you can make it before R.S.V.P.ing. E-mail me at [email protected] up until 4:30PM today. Thanks. I hope you'll join us in our night of mystery and magic!

-Weird Unc

p.s. After The Castle we'll be continuing the Hollywood adventure at Tiki Ti. Look for us there around 11ish or so.

I can't make it to the Magic Castle, but I will see you at Tiki Ti's tonight. I should get there around 10-10:30

bummer - i have a 10 o'clock curfew tonight :(

unfortunately i can not make it tonight either. have to be up very early to head out to my tax guy. have a good time everybody! tell Miki and Mike Cass sais hello.

M

Mucho Mahaloz to everyone for showing a No Cal boy a good time!

Cruised down wednesday AM with no plans and it worked out beutifully. Stopped for a tinkle at my favorite waterfall urinal, the Madonna Inn. The dining room was decorated for Valentine's Day. For those of you who know what the dining room looks like normally, you can imagine the horror.

Met Trader Pup at Oceanic Arts and picked up a few new goodies. He was then good enough to give me a tour of the East Indies Room. I can describe it in one word: Spectacular!

Then I opened and closed the Tiki Ti. Gooooood times. Whole lot of Mistakes. Met by the fabulous Floratina and later on, the delightful Miss Humu Humu and her entourage of Knoxville men. Gooooood times. Here's some pictures from Floratina's camera phone. The future is here!

I believe the Mistakes are starting to work.

The masters at work

Without starting a fight or a debate on the desecration of idols, here's Mike Sr. with the moai tissue dispenser! hard to tell in this picture, but he put grenadin on the tissue to simulate a nose bleed.

Spent Thursday doing some shopping, meeting an old friend for lunch, visiting your beautiful new cathederal and concert hall, and then went to the Magic Castle with weirduncletiki, humu2, and Trader Pup. What a great experience. Then back to the Tiki Ti for a few more (great call on the 151 rum swizzle, weird uncle!) and the fab added company of King Kukulele and Johnny Velour. (Not to mention the mysterious Dale!)

I've prattled on enough, but thanks again to everyone. Atomic & Vintage: sorry to miss you on this one- I'll be back soon, or hopefully we'll have you up to the SF Crawl!!

Extra extra special thanks to Floratina who graciously provided accomodations for both nights! Yay! Tina rules!

H

It was great having Martiki in town! You should run away to join the Hoiti Toiti circus more often. Here's a pic of us at the Magic Castle:

And here's a pic of TraderPup enjoying his very first visit to Tiki-Ti!

True ambassadors to the southland!
Very cool!

P
pablus posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 8:50 AM

You folks look terrific.
Are suits and ties mandatory there or did you guys hit the opera before hand?

Very dapper, gentlemen.
And of course, Humuhumu carries the room with grace.

I can't wait to get to LA.
Maybe in Feb.

H

Indeed, suits & ties are mandatory for the fellas at Magic Castle, and evening attire is preferred for the laydees. It was great -- in Seattle, people wear shorts or jeans to go to the Symphony. I can understand the appeal of that, but man, nothing beats getting dressed up in my book! I've got a closetful of gowns & cocktail dresses I'm going to be tearing through down here.

Pages: 1 20 replies