Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

PER-ORDER NOW! Martin Denny tribute mug *UPDATE*

Pages: 1 2 81 replies

G

Alooooooha! friends and collectors,

OPEN FOR BUISNESS for the new MARTIN DENNY TRIBUTE MUG!! An exact replica of the tiki I carved for Mr.Denny.

email me @ [email protected]

These mugs will come signed and numbered to 300. They are $35ea plus shipping. Produced by Tiki Farm and will be avail in 45 to 60 days. ONLY 1 MUG PER ADDRESS.

This is the info I will need from everyone.
shippin' address (no po boxes), tel nr (daytime) & email address. Send a email to [email protected] type "buy gecko mug" or something to that effect as the email subject.

First come first serve for my first mug design ever on the market. Available now for TC. These will be avail to the public later.

MAHALOZ PLENNY TO YOU ALL!!!

Heres some update info on the mug. Yesterday I got a call from Christina Denny (Martins daughter) and talk to them both on the mug. Befor I ever gave this idea to Holden me and the Dennys talked first. I told them I wanted to tribute a mug to Martin for all the great stuff he has done for so many people threw his music.
Thats what the call was about yesterday. The lawyer finally drew up the contract and we both signed it yesterday. So, now the mug lables that are going to be signed by me can bare "A tribute to the high priest of exotica Mr. Martin Denny" !!

My Artisit Proofs which I'll call "EXOTICA PROOFS" will be signed by both me and Martin Denny and will be at a VERY scarce edition of only 25 mugs. Sold only threw me. I haven't figured out a $number$ for such a rare run yet? "EXOTICA PROOFS" are not yet for sale! SORRY!

Well thats the new update on the now "Martin Denny Tribute mug." I'm very happy to be able to bring a collectors item like this to you guys! it's been months of waiting but has now paid off.

TO: TC members, Mahaloz for all your support and I will strive to bring you great collectibles in the years to come! LIVE ALOHA!

TO: Mr. Denny and Christina Denny,
If you ever read this post, I cannot even think of a word to explain how great you guys have been to me! Thank you is a understatement!! Mahalo for all the ALOHA you have sent my way!!! Aloha to you both!
"Gecko"

[ Edited by: gecko on 2004-01-29 11:26 ]

[ Edited by: gecko on 2004-01-29 11:42 ]

[ Edited by: GECKO on 2004-01-29 11:52 ]

[ Edited by: gecko on 2004-01-30 12:31 ]

8T

It's a Done Deal Gecko my man!
Can't wait to get that beauty :) :)
Hope that email went through ok. ????
THANKS

and aol spontaneously combusts from email to GECKO'S account :)

thanks man! lookin forward to it!
mahalo, j$

I hope mine went through too!

Maybe when Gecko's not crazy busy with all the e-mails he could post a list?

Pretty please? :) With sugar on top?

Well regardless, I am SO stoked about this one. Fantastic design man.

P

Done ! Many thanks for making a pre-order
possible. What a great design, looking forward
to it !

Just sent my info. Can't wait to get it!

I need one, my "order" email was just sent over. MAHALO!

I'm in. I have a front-row spot waiting for this one.

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 11:44 AM

woo hoo!!! The race is on!

Dang,
I was all set to have the 1st order in. but hunger won me over and I went out to lunch. As expected, I come back and I missed it by 20 minutes.

Anyway, Can't wait for it!

-Z

im in hopefully... #301 just my luck!!!!

God, i hope i made the cut!

Just placed my order, Woo Hoo!

Fingers officially crossed!

woke up late, just placed order, hope i did not miss out

I was just thinking Gecko...

It says that the mugs are signed and numbered. Does that mean you will be here in SoCal in the next 45 to 60 days or is Holden just sending you the little limited edition cards to sign and send back to him to include with the mug?

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 12:14 PM

You want him to christen one for you?
:wink:

G

On 2004-01-28 12:04, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
I was just thinking Gecko...

It says that the mugs are signed and numbered. Does that mean you will be here in SoCal in the next 45 to 60 days or is Holden just sending you the little limited edition cards to sign and send back to him to include with the mug?

He's mailing them to me and I'm mailing them back. I wish I was going on vacation!

Just pre-ordered. I'm excited, that mug is sweet! Nice work Gecko.

S
SES posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 12:21 PM

WOW it went from 80 views at 1:41pm when I ordered to 200 at 2:18pm eastern time... TC is going to catch on fire at this rate!

Just Pre ordered mine, Hope I got in in time.
Thanks Gecko!

On 2004-01-28 12:14, susane wrote:
You want him to christen one for you?
:wink:

is there perhaps an appropriate or even specifically-created DRINK to go in GECKO'S mug? should that be a new topic mayhaps?

j$

Gecko Man!!
I just PMed ya.
Unga

G

There are still lots of mugs avail! I dont think I've hit 75 yet. It's 9:29 AM Honolulu time. Calli I think is 2 or 3 hours ahead. I think they will still be available for a few more weeks.

Mahaloz to all that has pre-ordered already. I cannot wait to come visit you at your homes and drink a maitai with you and see da mug on your shelf!

Placed our order earlier. Glad to know we made the cut!!

A

I knew there was some reason I was supposed to check TC this morning. Damn work! Looking forward to getting it.
A

O

We're in like Flynn. Can't wait.....
:drink:

K
Kono posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 5:48 PM

Hey Gecko, could you punch "reply" when mine comes thru? I've been having troubles with my email outbox. I put Kono in the message. That way I know it got through. Thanks. The geckos that get in my apartment are gonna love it.

Hey Gecko, I keep tryin' to send you a confirm on the address in your post but I keep getting an Error code and it won't let me send. I'll PM you instead...damn computers!

Just put my order in for one Gecko mug! I have to second the idea of posting a list just for us to double check our order and make sure all is well. Great mug Gecko!

tiki junkman

yes gecko, please put up a confirmation list on this post when you get a chance

We just sent our e-mail. Hope we are not too late!!

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Jan 28, 2004 9:29 PM

HOWZIIIIT PEOPO!

I had a few peeps ask the question "when do we pay?"

I'm giving Holden the list on the 1st of March and he will be getting in contact with all of you for payment ya.

If you hane any ?'s feel free to ask.

Tanks to everyone who has ordered! I hope you will be happy with your new mug! I something special to tell you because I got A call from Christina Denny(Martins daughter) about some good news that I will tell you about later. It has to do with the mugs.

Kono, I didn't receive a email with kono typed in the subject box. PM me brah!

I can email everyone that has a pre-order in so you know I got you email if you want. I'll just type "got it". I don't have the time write now to tell you all the #'s of wot mug you get, sorry. Maybe later.

Their still is plenty mugs avail.

Live Aloha

B

Well Gecko, Ya' got me. Gotta Have it, Gimme gimme gimme, I puit my order in, Yipee
Benzart

Send me that there confirmation email baby, ease my paranoid mind!

TG

Put me down for one too! That mug is the bomb!!!

S
SES posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 3:40 AM

Did you send the "Got it" replies yet? I'm not seeing one in my mail.
thanks!
SES

M

Right on!!! I'd love to have one!

A

So if we didn't get a reply e-mail we should resend?
Thanks,
A

G

I will send out the "Got it" emails tonight!

I updated the first post on page one of this thread so go and take wun looks!

Mahalo

G

How do we get the Exotica Proof? Pleeeeze give me one at any price...

A

That's really cool about Denny! If the Exotica Proof edition isn't too $ crazy I might want one of those.
Thanks,
A

T

Gecko,
that's great getting the "seal of exotic-a-proval" on the mug!

You are sooo full of Aloha Spirit that when I look it up in the dictionary I see a picture of your face! HA! ;D

Very cool tribute. How about the first 25 people on the waiting list get first dibs?
:D :lol: :D

no seriously!

-Z

Thank God The Tiki Bar Is Open
Thank God The Tiki Torch Still Shines...

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-01-29 12:26 ]

[ Edited by: Feelin' Zombified on 2004-01-29 12:26 ]

G

"Exotica Proofs" nfs....yet

G
GECKO posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 1:00 PM

I've been asked if theres any more mugs, YES! plenty!

Aloha

S
SES posted on Thu, Jan 29, 2004 2:55 PM

That's wonderful news! I'm going to print out the photo of the two of you and place it near the mug with the history behind the mug!

E

Just got back into town after 4-day trip, and email is away! Got a feeling '04 is gonna be a good year...

:), em.

Pages: 1 2 81 replies