Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

has anyone been to Australia?

Pages: 1 4 replies

Hello,
has anyone ever been to Australia? I've thought tons lately of going there my next vacation but I don't know much about where to go. Sydney or Melbourne? How were the people? Did the dollar go far?
thanks for the help

Aloha,
I visited a few years ago, it was a blast. I was up north in Cairns, in tropical Queensland. Dove the barrier reef, lots'a beer, etc. Teh people were great. I work with a gal from Melbourne and she claims that it is a better city to visit over Sydney... good luck.
:tiki:

I've been there a couple of times in the past. Personally I preferred Sydney, as there was more nightlife and it was a better base to explore the Blue Mountains etc. Going into the interior is always worthwhile, and you'll see a different side of Australia rather than just the beaches.
If you have time I'd recommend a visit to Perth in Western Austalia, a very laid back city.

tiki?

I've been to Sydney, very expensive but very beautiful, nice beaches, nightlife, art museums with plenty of tropical wooden totems etc.. from the N. coast and paintings from all over Australia. The N. Australian islands have some art I'd definitely throw in the tiki type category, if u like New Guinea and Indonesian and consider it tiki bar worthy then this stuff is too. The blue mountains national park is a great trip to take out of Sydney. There are some fun ranches u can tour and wild animal parks just out of town. If you visit a sheep ranch be sure to have some tucker and billy-tea.

When I was in Bunbury and Perth we went spulunking out of town at Ngili caves, they let u worm along on your stomach and emerge into huge cathedral like spaces without all the lit paths like a park in the states, it's a guided tour and I'd highly recommend it, There's a place u can swim with the dolphins in Bunbury at the beach and horseriding tours of the interior are available and recommended as well. Perth is the most isolated city on earth and the prices reflect this, nice art museums, parks and nightlife too. I hope this helps,
Sneaky.

Pages: 1 4 replies