Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Anybody up for Tonga Hut!

Pages: 1 8 replies

Wanted to check out Tonga Hut on 1/31/04, around 7 pmish, Would anybody like to join utopiandreem & i for drinks? also does anybody know of a good restaurant in the area?

hey Birdie,
i will be there with tikis on. will have to think about the restaraunt question.

Shootz! I'd love to come hang out tonight, but cannot. What type of food do you like? There's lots a good eats 'round there.

-Weird Unc

(Hope TB doesn't mind I'm answering for him)
We're open to any type of food (haven't met a style we haven't liked yet), but tend toward places with a casual atmosphere. Definitely like places that have been around a while (one of our favorites in LB is Joe Josts).

See you there tonight, tikitanked.
Sorry we'll miss you, weirduncletiki...

[ Edited by: UtopianDreem on 2004-01-31 12:21 ]

i like Mo's on Riverside Drive in Toluca Lake across the street from Bob's Big Boy...

I would go, but I am too crunchy from my day at Catalina. Keep the Tonga meets rolling!

crunchy?

fg and ev, sorry you couldnt make it. it was very nice to meet Tiki Bird and Utopiandreem; time flew by and i did not realize that we chatted for 4hours before splitting.
a note about the Tonga Hut: the bartender who is there on the weekend, who takes good care of you on a saturday, and who is happy to be seeing tiki people coming in, will not be staying on when the ownership changes hands. if you have not gone, try to make it out on a satruday night before the end of February.

It was great meeting you last night, Tikitanked. TikiBird and I had a fun time talking tiki with you at a great establishment. Looking forward to the next visit!

Futuragirl-didn't make it to Mo's this trip, but will keep it on our to-visit list for next time we're in the area. Thanks for the recommendation!

Pages: 1 8 replies