Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Tomorrow's my birthday... I think I need to celebrate :)

Pages: 1 24 replies

February 2nd is the actual day...
Where should I go for a mai tai?

P.S. I finally uploaded my life story on my website for anyone who's interested :wink:

http://www.cherrycapri.com/story.shtml

S

Maybe you should go turn one up with Ponchsatontee Phill? :wink:

T

Not to take anything away from the fabulous and beautiful Cherry Capri, by the way Happy Birthday Darling! :)

The Official Groundhog Day Website

and of course... Punxsutawney Phil Fan Club

you know i AM an animal lover... maybe next year...

ok - we're gonna be at the Purple Orchid after dinner Monday night... I'm gonna get a pink manicure! Do you think they'll make make me a Cherry Martini?

H

I'm in! I haven't been to the Purple Orchid in weeeeeeks. I'm overdue. I wonder if we should warn Dave & Rebecca that Hurricane Cherry is due to hit?

yah, see if they have cherry juice :)

That's my sister's birthday, too. I'll swing by after her party if it's not too late.

Happy Birthday, Cherry, and enjoy that cherry martini!

T

Well Happy Birthday Ms Capri. It is my daughter's as well. She, however, will not be getting a Mai Tai as she is 3. She is getting her first bike though!

T

Happy birthday to you too Cherry Capri!

Cherry just informed me she does not want to go out in the rain - it messes up her hairdo! So no Purple Orchid for her tonight :(

BUT... I am inviting anyone who wants to make the drive to come by our house where she is staying for last minute cocktails by a cozy fire. We're in Granada Hills. For Directions, send an email to futuragirl AT homecamp DOT com... I'll be checking it regularly all night.

EHH?

chiki - we were gonna hit the Orchid - but due to the weather - michelle's coming by here for cocktails, etc...

TR

Aloha and Happy Birthday Cherry!

T

Hope the wet weather didn't dampen your birthday. Happy B-day Cherry.

Oh well, next time then. HBCC!

Well that was a fun night...

Cherry got yet ANOTHER copy of the BOT for her birthday and couldn't put it down as I started to pour martinis...
But then Cherry decided her night was gonna involve improvised chichis with plenty o' coconut snow.

We sang happy birthday and presented a tiny cherry flavored donut.

And finally Cherry made her wish.

Thanks for coming over HumuHumu and helping me make Cherry's night extra special. I say she says thank you too, but she's happily passed out in the guest room...

[ Edited by: Futura Girl on 2004-02-03 01:52 ]

S

It's funny, from 21 on it's like birthday tradition to pass out drunk. When you are in your 20's, it's just a special party time and you're always ready for a party. In your 30's you wanna remain in your 20's and so you continue the tradition in vein. In your 40's, it's all very sad, so DRINK IT UP!... I am not sure about the 50's on. When does it end?

Cherry has a few more decades to look forawrd to the tradition I suppose. Happy b-day!

S
SES posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2004 11:18 AM

On 2004-02-03 11:06, Swanky wrote:
It's funny, from 21 on it's like birthday tradition to pass out drunk. When you are in your 20's, it's just a special party time and you're always ready for a party. In your 30's you wanna remain in your 20's and so you continue the tradition in vein. In your 40's, it's all very sad, so DRINK IT UP!... I am not sure about the 50's on. When does it end?

Cherry has a few more decades to look forawrd to the tradition I suppose. Happy b-day!

Speak for yourself!

45 here will be 46 in May and since I plan on living till at least 120 I got a long way to go!
ps... I would never want to relive my 20's ever...

S

Speak for yourself!

45 here will be 46 in May and since I plan on living till at least 120 I got a long way to go!
ps... I would never want to relive my 20's ever...

Sure, you say that now. But in your early 30's you likely didn't feel that way. I second you on the 120...

S
SES posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2004 1:15 PM

On 2004-02-03 12:14, Swanky wrote:
Sure, you say that now. But in your early 30's you likely didn't feel that way. I second you on the 120...

No Swanky... I always enjoy my birthdays! I don't consider getting older a plague.
I went to Paris and turned 30 at the top of the Eiffel tower. I spent 6 weeks there on my own and it was GREAT! Mid 40's now and I'm happier than ever!
I'm not into stereotypes.

H

What a joy it was to spend a quiet(ish) evening at home with everyone's favorite identical cousins, Futura Girl & Cherry Capri. Those girls are so very silly; they seem to have a lot of inside jokes, they kept saying nonsensical things and giggling. Hoowee, boy, those chichis were something else! Cherry dumped a whole can of coconut snow into the blender. It was very... frothy. A coconut blizzard. Cherry, I hope your head isn't hurting too badly today....

I was also very excited to get to see my very first Eichler in person. It was like stepping into a Sunset Magazine. Thanks so much for your warm hospitality, FG!

Cichi's? You naughty girls!

H

On 2004-02-03 23:59, thechikitiki wrote:
Cichi's? You naughty girls!

Oh, you have no idea. :wink:

Pages: 1 24 replies