Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Fun, New Pariarts Sign & Frame Fetish Shag

Pages: 1 13 replies

C
croe67 posted on Sun, Feb 1, 2004 7:56 PM

(after several attempts to make these pictures appear larger, I am stumped - let me know if anyone has suggestions...)

Thought I'd share the latest additions to my Tiki Bar - a new sign for the bar by Pariarts - they did an amazing job on the sign - actually drawing the 2 Tiki Gods I have in the bar (that are both by Creepy Tiki.)

& they made a great little stand for the sign, too - see below the detail on the supports for the sign.

& Frame Fetish did an awesome job on Shag's "The Missing Suitors" - one of my favorite Shag prints that I managed to snag at ShagMart before they sold out.

:drink:

[ Edited by: croe67 on 2004-02-01 20:04 ]

[ Edited by: croe67 on 2004-02-01 20:17 ]

[ Edited by: croe67 on 2004-02-01 20:32 ]

D

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-02-02 06:57 ]

D

Great job by the way....love it!

That shag one looks really nice. I love the creative matting. I love that print, but unfortunately my husband didn't ... so it's not on my wall :(

D
#
#54 posted on Sun, Feb 1, 2004 9:58 PM

nice.! sign.

croe67 wrote:
(after several attempts to make these pictures appear larger, I am stumped - let me know if anyone has suggestions...)

Croe67~

Your enlarged version of your pictures for you:

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 6:33 AM

Thank You SCD!!!

Now those without hand microscopes can see them, too :)

D

Hey, SCD, how'd you do that?

You have to switch from the thumbnail view to the full view, I believe it's done by switching the 3rd from last digit from "0" to "6".

T

The guys over at Pariarts are some of the nicest, most considerate people in business today.

TT

Holy Cow! Both the sign and the framing look great! I'm trying to come up with a really cool Lava Lounge sign/logo for the (not too distant) future home bar. I'll have to check the links and see what I can come up with for a sign!

I saw some bamboo looking frames (stock sizes) at Prints Plus at the mall today. They had this funky (and not in a good way) goldish finish. I am thinking of buying one and spray painting it whatever color I want-but I never thought of pink bamboo! My absolute favorite color! Wow!

Tacky

TT

Holy Cow! Both the sign and the framing look great! I'm trying to come up with a really cool Lava Lounge sign/logo for the (not too distant) future home bar. I'll have to check the links and see what I can come up with for a sign!

I saw some bamboo looking frames (stock sizes) at Prints Plus at the mall today. They had this funky (and not in a good way) goldish finish. I am thinking of buying one and spray painting it whatever color I want-but I never thought of pink bamboo! My absolute favorite color! Wow!

Tacky

C
croe67 posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 9:17 PM

The pink was perfect - I think the frame was white underneath, then was painted over in pink. In some spots you can see the white through it, which works great with the Bamboo - doesn't look too perfect that way. Then, there is a gloss clear coat over it that gives it a nice shine.

Good luck with your painting project - I'm sure it will be great! Here in the great Frozen North, bamboo frames are so hard to find we send our stuff to CA. I did have a black bamboo frame ordered in for another project last year, but after taking forever for them to understand what I wanted & longer to find a source with limited bamboo-looking options, it just seemed easier to send it to a pro in CA!

Pages: 1 13 replies