Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

How about a low-carb knuckle sandwich?

Pages: 1 29 replies

GOOD LORD...What in the world has overtaken this country? I thought the oat bran craze was looney; I thought the fat free craze was creepy, but this low-carb fad is something akin to soilent green...Me and the wife were in a Ruby Tuesday's the other night and the usual fake-enthusiastic button wearing college kid waiter says "Alright hope ev'rything was good fer you guys.. (Me and my wife) ..Could I interest you in some of our low-carb cheescake fer dessert?"

S

Unless you just had the prime rib with broccoli ofr a side, why would you want a low carb desert? I think somebody has no clue how a low carb diet works. But ehn, I think a lot of people don't have a clue. It's not like eating low fat. It's like fasting. Subway has their stupid low carb sandwich. They don't get it. I mean, 15 grams of carbs is about all I have in a day on that diet. Oh well, they are selling ti to the idiots I guess.

S
SES posted on Sun, Feb 1, 2004 10:28 PM

I love carbs! I live on carbs!
hmmm... maybe I'll go bake some bread now.

Damned right...you tell it, sister..

B
BaronV posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 1:35 AM

[ Edited by: BaronV 2005-07-19 16:57 ]

When I was younger (1980's) you could always tell a Morrisey fan by the Cabriolet convertible.

R
Rain posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 5:58 AM

thank you so much for posting this, BK - i was beginning to think i was the only pro-carb person left.

T

Hey, low carb worked for me!

Don't tell me what to eat, and I won't tell you what to eat, is my motto. Food is a touchy subject - it get close up there to religion and politics - just you watch... this thread may just go bananas!

(wait, bananas have carbs...)

S

Hey, low carb, or ketogenic dieting as it was called, is what body builders have been using for a long time to get down to that 4% body fat without losing muscle, etc. It works.

S
SES posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 11:58 AM

I never stopped eating carbs when I lifted weights and I shaped up well enough that my instructor wanted me to enter some competitions. She said that I had the perfect body type for weightlifting and would be a trainer's dream. I'm not into the competition thing though so never did it. Have to get back into it! Makes me feel great.

T

The thing I hate about the low-carb diet isn't that you can't have bread, pasta, and potatoes, it's that you can't have tropical drinks or beer! Still, it's working for a lot of overweight people, so how can it be bad? I think it's funny how people can get so worked up over what people choose to eat.

S

Jab, you can still do shots on the low carb diet! Arr!

S
SES posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 12:33 PM

I don't care what other people eat. I only care what I eat. I'm sick of hearing about this particular diet. This one seems more like a cult. People who are on it try to convert everyone else to it. That's the big difference in my opinion.

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 1:03 PM

Susane, that's a great idea! We can spread word that it's amind control cult. When you go off carbs for a while, it changes your brain and makes up more likely to buy products made in Taiwan. It's huge scheme by Al Queda to control our minds. I know there is a great hoax email in this somewhere. The Terrorist cult called Low Carb. Or Satan wants you to eat Low Carb. The meat industry should be behind it somehow with their chemicals they put in the cows that somehow ties it in with the aliens who want to control our minds and take over. They want our Hollywood stars and models first, body builders too, and then the world!

M

It's not the carbs it's that chemically process high fructose corn syrup that's in everything...yeah, that's it...couldn't be that we're a bunch of lazy fat asses could it?

Matt

S
SES posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 1:11 PM

Hmmm... maybe that's the difference. I'm allergic to corn so I eliminate the evil corn from my carbs! I make all my food from scratch.

somebody relate "carbs" to the "rockabilly scene," GO! :) j$

S
SES posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 1:13 PM

Hah! Swanky don't start! :wink:

On 2004-02-01 22:04, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Me and the wife were in a Ruby Tuesday's the other night and the usual fake-enthusiastic button wearing college kid waiter...

I hope she was wearing the requisite amount of "flair".

S
Swanky posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 2:41 PM

Low carbs and Rockabilly? No way. Fuel Injection is no carbs, and definitely not rockabilly!

TB

I'm startin to see TGI Fridays resteruants do akins commericals on tv now.

UJ

2004 will be known for the "Atkins Exsplosion".. I'm all for eating healthy but come-on.. McDonalds and Kentucky Fried Chicken. give me an effing break.

"Long Pig" is low carb.

UB

E

On 2004-02-02 13:08, mattfink wrote:
It's not the carbs it's that chemically process high fructose corn syrup that's in everything...yeah, that's it...couldn't be that we're a bunch of lazy fat asses could it?

Matt

Hee hee...my favorite "Bloom County" cartoon had Opus sitting on his ottoman in front of the TV. The box was yamnmering on about the latest fat-destroying diet plan, and Opus just kept saying "Eat less, exercise more" over and over.

:), em

Okay...yesterday I was sick of hearing the expression "Low Carb"...Now I'm sick of hearing about Janet Jackson's stray boob.

S
SES posted on Mon, Feb 2, 2004 11:00 PM

On 2004-02-02 22:07, Basement Kahuna wrote:
Okay...yesterday I was sick of hearing the expression "Low Carb"...Now I'm sick of hearing about Janet Jackson's stray boob.

Someone told me it's really her brother's missing nose.

Ewwww....

TB

Well just heard a low-carb beer commerical now. I think this is a start of something very bad.

Pages: 1 29 replies