Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

BadMojo - Plaster Castings (updated 9/11)

Pages: 1 16 replies

B

What started with a single eBay purchased mold, has now turned into a full blown business. Done completely out of my Kitchen, pour 50-100 lbs of plaster over the course of 1-2 days, cure for a week, paint them while sitting in front of the TV, and then start the whole process all over again. Just when I think I can take a break, I start running out of stuff.

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2004-09-11 20:42 ]

Very cool! I like them a lot.

K
Kanaka posted on Tue, Feb 3, 2004 6:38 AM

Nice!!! Are you selling direct or just through ebay?

Those are really nice - the face designs are unique too - those Frankenstein ones sort of remind me of myself when I first wake up...

B

On 2004-02-03 06:38, Kanaka wrote:
Are you selling direct

Sure thing. Drop me a PM on your interests, and I'll give you prices.

Those are cool, I have a pretty old tiki mug, that is the splitting image of them :)

B

edit Pix are back. No More Imagestation!

B

Very cool! Do you have a web site that shows more of your work?

badmojo, those are sweet did you do those?

B

On 2004-04-09 10:31, chisel slinger wrote:
badmojo, those are sweet did you do those?

The designs aren't mine, I just purchased the molds, but I did cast and paint them.

:music: pla-ster ca-ster-rr... :music:

B

Finally got around to purchasing a few new molds, including a Maori Chocolate mold(or should I say Mould?) from New Zealand.

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:19 ]

the new ones look great (i'm still loving the old ones i bought from you!).

how do you think these'll hold up outside? i live in jersey: cold winters, humid summers.

W
wushu posted on Tue, Sep 14, 2004 4:47 AM

I dig the Maori style tiki's, the two faced tikis are sweet too

B

On 2004-09-12 07:02, TNTiki wrote:
Cool, badmojo. Do you have a venue you sell these through?

Untill I take the plunge and set up a Website, I'm using eBay:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewSellersOtherItems&userid=suburban_savage&include=0&since=-1&sort=3&rows=50
If any TC'ers are interested, I'd be happy to give a discount, by splitting the difference between the opening bid and the Buy-It-Now price, and only charge actuall shipping, not the fixed price.

-Tiki Chris-
The pieces have been painted with a good coat of Acrylic paint, as well as being finished with a water resistant sealer, but it certainly wouldn't hurt to upgrade with additional weather proofing. I think they should be fine for late spring/summer/early fall, but I'd avoid leaving them out in the winter.

[ Edited by: badmojo on 2004-09-14 22:27 ]

T

[ Edited by: TNTiki on 2004-11-06 16:20 ]

Pages: 1 16 replies