Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Matt Maranian's online PAD anyone?

Pages: 1 13 replies

Does Matt Maranian have a website of his own - i can't believe i couldn't find it through Yahoo! or Google...
Or does anyone have a way of reaching him directly... PM or email me at futuragirl AT homecamp DOT com

thanks

UB

Sorry,Not THE website, buy a cool article.

http://www.januarymagazine.com/artcult/pad.html

i would love for there to be a "pad 2 "with some of the best TC'ers spaces in it...

There was a sequel called Pad Parties! with a tiki volcano project...
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811837858/ll-20

BTW here's the original book:
http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/0811826538/ll-20

D

How strange this post is, I swear this weekend I was going over Pad Parties and wondered why there wasn't a web page based on these great books? By the way I was wondering if any of the people whos pads are featured in the book are also Tiki Central Members. There is one guy in Pad who has quite the Tiki abode and also looks very familiar.... I wonder????

On 2004-02-03 15:48, DawnTiki wrote:
How strange this post is, I swear this weekend I was going over Pad Parties and wondered why there wasn't a web page based on these great books? By the way I was wondering if any of the people whos pads are featured in the book are also Tiki Central Members. There is one guy in Pad who has quite the Tiki abode and also looks very familiar.... I wonder????

i thought it was more safari than tiki - i must pull it out tonite (the book i mean) and check it out. a classic book for sure, a cornerstone of my collection

D

Yea, the Pad profile I am thinking of is on page 40. He has meshed the African Safari Zulu vibe very well with Tiki. If he's a member, come out come, out wherever you are....:tiki:

M

I just picked up PAD parties this weekend at Powell's in Portland.

I'm dying to make my version of the Volcano. We just moved to PDX last month and we have a clean canvas of a 10x12 room for the new tiki room!

H

There is one guy in Pad who has quite the Tiki abode and also looks very familiar.... I wonder????

That's Dale's, he's a regular at Tiki-Ti and he's buddies with a bunch of folks on TC, but he's only popped his head in here a couple of times, I think. Dale says there are much more up-to-date photos in the new Kitsch Deluxe book; I haven't seen that book yet.

One thing that's really surprised me being down here is the number of really very serious tikiphiles who never come over to TC. I guess it's because they established their own community before TC came along. I've only been down here for about three months, and already about 1/4 of the tiki people I know are not TCers. Whooda thunkit?

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-02-03 23:38 ]

D

Thaaaaat's what I thought :D

M

On 2004-02-03 23:29, Humuhumu wrote:

There is one guy in Pad who has quite the Tiki abode and also looks very familiar.... I wonder????

That's Dale's, he's a regular at Tiki-Ti and he's buddies with a bunch of folks on TC, but he's only popped his head in here a couple of times, I think. Dale says there are much more up-to-date photos in the new Kitsch Deluxe book; I haven't seen that book yet.

One thing that's really surprised me being down here is the number of really very serious tikiphiles who never come over to TC. I guess it's because they established their own community before TC came along. I've only been down here for about three months, and already about 1/4 of the tiki people I know are not TCers. Whooda thunkit?

The best tiki bar is the one that's within stumbling distance of your bed
The Humuhumu Room

[ Edited by: Humuhumu on 2004-02-03 23:38 ]

Sounds like you have some missionary work to do!

no pun intended i hope melintur :)

M

On 2004-02-04 15:06, Futura Girl wrote:
no pun intended i hope melintur :)

Technically a word-play of the double-entendre sort.

And I would never stoop to such lows.

-=C

By the way I was wondering if any of the people whos pads are featured in the book are also Tiki Central Members.

I have been wondering the same thing.

Pages: 1 13 replies