Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Two heads are better than one!

Pages: 1 4 replies

You know what they say...Two heads are better than one! Right?

http://www.usatoday.com/news/health/2004-02-04-operation-usat_x.htm

Ok, I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. I hope this little girl does well and has a full recovery.

D

I saw this today too, and thought the same thing you did for a sec, than I thought how horrible that must be for that family. Not a funny situation at all. Did you really need to post that here under that heading? How 'bout changing the heading to 'I hope the family with the unfortunate circumstances does well.'

[ Edited by: donhonyc on 2004-02-05 17:08 ]

Ahh yes, but laughter is the best medicine!

Sometimes joking around is the way that people deal with things they find uncomfortable. I think it's important that everyone know about conjoined twins, parasitic underdeveloped or otherwise. There are far too many that could not help themselves to stare, or mock. I hoped that maybe a couple of people would learn about what's going on with this cute little girl!

I have seen so many shows about parents with conjoined twins, the horrible part for them isn't the way their child/children looks, since this is all they have known and loved, but having them come into serious danger when surgery is needed, or decided upon.

I did apologize and say that I hoped the girl has a full recovery. I hoped that people would read that before clicking on the link. I understand that the title could have been a bit more sensitive. That's just what I decided to type at the time! I thought it was funny. I'm not ashamed of myself, because I still feel for the family.

I was totally sucked in. I thought this post was going to be about an old Ray Milland / Rosey Grier Sci-Fi flick.

D

Pages: 1 4 replies