Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

The Warehouse, Marina del Rey & Purple Orchid - Saturday, Feb 6 2004 - Time Change: 7:30pm

Pages: 1 9 replies

Doctor Z and I are heading to the Warehouse in Marina Del Rey tomorrow evening for dinner, famous "Barrel of Rum" drinks and our fix of authentic, tropical, beachcomber decor (similar to Bahooka's). Then it's on to the Purple Orchid in El Segundo for more drinks and good times.

We're thinking of starting at The Warehouse at 7:30pm and wanted to get all the local TC'ers involved who can make it. Whaddya say? TwoWheelin Tiki, BigBro, Floratina, Velours, Humuhumu? I know it's last minute, but we've been meaning to make a trip to the Warehouse for some time now. Z and I would dig it the most if we could have other TC'ers along.

Sabu

Warehouse Restaurant
4499 Admiralty Way
Marina del Rey, California
(310) 823-5451

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-02-06 20:46 ]

[ Edited by: Sabu The Coconut Boy on 2004-02-07 17:03 ]

Damn, how did I end up on the wrong coast. Sounds like a blast.

H

That sounds great! I haven't heard of the Warehouse before, but I think I'll love it. I've been feeling guilty about not getting to the Purple Orchid in so long (haven't been since New Year's Eve!). I know I'll be there next week, but I have to make up for lost time. I'm supposed to go to an opening at Copro/Nason, but I just may meet you guys in Marina del Rey instead.

Darn, I love the Warehouse, but I am having my Absinth sampling afternoon, and will not be able to stumble all the way down there after...

Sorry boys, me and Mr. Cocktail are heading to the Nuart theater for a screening of the long awaited "The Lost Skeleton of Cadavra" (only a one week engagement!)

Hey BigBro, hope that wormwood doesn't make you "fly" off the roof of your house!

We're bumping the time up to 7:30pm to give Z-Girl a chance to get home from work and join us.

Bigbro - After the absinthe sampling party, why don't you just "float" out of your body and join us in spirit. Also please bring along a sample of the winning absinthe.

Humuhumu - I hope you can join us. You're actually living pretty close to the Warehouse if I remember right.

Sabu

DZ

On 2004-02-07 17:06, Sabu The Coconut Boy wrote:

Humuhumu - I hope you can join us.

I hope you can too, 'cause it'll give me a chance to pass on your latest batch of 'un-forwarded' mail!

I haven't been to the Warehouse in years. If memory serves, the interior looks like a cannery/fishing loading dock. I remember yummy steaks and seafood, I may be able to swing this.

H

Mmmmmm, it was nice to be back at the Purple Orchid again. Dave and Rebecca have got to be the best hosts, I always feel completely at home there, even if the place is packed. They had a band playing last night, and it turned out the band's violinist was a tikiphile who's posted here as WheelerIsland; he just sold some stools & a couch in Collecting Tiki. Hopefully he'll post some more, Dave & Rebecca report he's got a home tiki bar.

The Warehouse was a cool old place, and the food was actually pretty good.

Sabu & Dave both had their cameras last night... where are the pics, guys??

On 2004-02-08 23:46, Humuhumu wrote:
They had a band playing last night, and it turned out the band's violinist was a tikiphile who's posted here as WheelerIsland; he just sold some stools & a couch in Collecting Tiki.

Ha! That's Grant. I was the one who bought the rattan stools from him - just before I went to the Tiki Ti last Friday.

He does have a swingin' vintage Tiki pad with a swank bar.

Pages: 1 9 replies