Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Info On SNUBA

Pages: 1 4 replies

T

I need some info from my fellow TC members. The Mrs. and I are going on a cruise in a couple of weeks. We both love to snorkel and I would love to scuba. However, the Mrs. isn't too keen on trying scubaing. She doesn't want to spend the money if she ends up hating it. So, my question is, Has anyone been SNABU diving? It's where you have an 25 foot airtube from the boat. If you have done it, could you let me know your thoughts on it.

Mahalo,
TikiPug

L
laney posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 4:26 AM

Most cruise lines offer a "resort course" in scuba. They only take you down about 30' and you go in a small group with an instructor. That's how I got hooked. Our cruise was in the VI, we took the resort course on St. Thomas, loved it so much we just lied at the other islands so we could dive deeper. We ended up doing several boat dives to a couple wrecks-without being certified.

They supply all the equiptment so there is no investment needed. Try it! Where is your cruise?

On my honeymoon in Maui I went out to the Molokini crater and did Snuba. It was unbelievable and felt very safe. I only went down about 25 ft. Have fun!

D

I went SNUBA diving at Molokini too. I was concerned about the cost of Scuba classes and not knowing if I would like it. Snuba was a good introduction to Scuba, we went 20 feet down, I saw an Octopus, I got within 10 feet of a Manta Ray (very cool!) and saw a Moray Eel. It's a different world down there. We have plans to go back in a year and I hope to be certified by then. It was worth the 40 bucks I paid 5 years ago. SNUBA!!!

T

Thanx for the info. We are cruising to the Eastern Carribean.

Pages: 1 4 replies