skirting the issue

Pages: 1 7 replies

S
SES posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 2:29 PM
M

Do you grow yours when you wear pants?

R
Rain posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 5:59 PM

don't polynesian men sometimes wear those sarong things? ian astbury was wearing one the last time i saw him perform. i'd wear a skirt. keep your package from getting cramped.

S
SES posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 6:02 PM

On 2004-02-08 17:46, McDougall wrote:
Do you grow yours when you wear pants?

You LOOKED!
:wink:

S
SES posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 6:08 PM

On 2004-02-08 17:59, Rain wrote:
keep your package from getting cramped.

You obviously have NEVER worn a miniskirt!
Tight stretchy fabric does not give you much room to breathe.
:wink:

That article calls it "the tyranny of trousers"! I like trousers. I think one of the the problems is that our ready-made clothing industry as it stands today is earnestly trying to debase our clothing into one "size fits no-one". There are so many nuances in a well fitted pair of trousers that is missing from most off-the-rack examples today. I sometime wonder if designers and pattern makers know or care what makes clothing comfortable? There is a difference between well fitted dress trouser and comfortable work pants-yet both can fit and look good.

I think it is a conspiracy to get us all into elastic waist sweatpants.

DAMN THEM, DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!

S
SES posted on Sun, Feb 8, 2004 8:11 PM

On 2004-02-08 18:42, Atomic Cocktail wrote:
I think it is a conspiracy to get us all into elastic waist sweatpants.

DAMN THEM, DAMN THEM ALL TO HELL!

Hahahah...I think you are on to something... I've never owned a pair of sweatpants and I refuse to wear sneakers. I grew up in the time period with strict dresscodes and the girls were not allowed to wear pants in school. Times change!

I think David Johnson should change his name to David Johansen and start a band called the New York Dolls and...oh wait, that's already been done.

Pages: 1 7 replies