Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Tiki Bob's LA Safari this week!

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

Aloha to all,

I will be getting in to LA at about 10 AM this Wednesday (2/11/04).

I was thinking about a trip to the Dresden Room on Thursday night. Is anyone interested? We could also hit Tiki Ti's or Trader Vic's.

There is also the Tonight Show filming on Wednesday night where they are going to show the Cherry Capri and King Kukulele clip. (See Cherry's post on this for more info)

The program for the Tonight Show list:

Wednesday, February 11
Meg Ryan - Against The Ropes

Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover model

Music - Phantom Planet

I am looking forward to seeing the Purple Orchid for the first time. I can't wait until the show! My cell is 843.514.5565 if anybody needs to get in touch with me.

Balmy regards,

TB

[ Edited by: tikibob on 2004-02-09 19:18 ]

I won't be down to LA until Satuday morning, but lookin' forward to meeting you (heard some stories about you) :) and any other TCers I haven't met! This'll be a BLAST!!

is the tiki ti open this wednesday and do they have a tv there? it would be fun to watch the show from there?
otherwise consider heading up to futura girl's house - it's a bit of a drive depending on where you're staying, but still it would be fun to hang together wed. night.

Tiki Ti is open Wednesday night, but they do not have a TV. a few of us will be there around 6. Good luck with the taping of the show.

T

Michele and I are planning on going to the taping of the show.

Cherry, hopefully we will see you when we are in line. Also, give me a call after about 11:00 AM today (Wednesday) and let me know what the details are about entertaining the folks in line. Also I want to know where everyone will end up after the show.

My number is 843.514.5565

TB

H

Now that the Tonight Show gig has been postponed, how does Tiki-Ti sound for tonight? I'm definitely up for the Dresden Room and/or Trader Vic's tomorrow or Friday.

Tiki Ti? I might just venture out for that.... been a slow week!

T

Welllllllllll,

We went to the Tonight Show and were saddened that Cherry et. al. were bumped. We went to the Smoke House after the taping (6:45) and ate dinner. We finished around 8:00 and I was exhausted.

I had been up since about 1:00 AM LA time and just could not make it to Tiki T's.

Sorry I missed the fun. I hope everyone understands.

We are going to the Dresden Room for cocktails and dinner tonight. Around 7:00 to 7:30.

Call me if there are any questions?

TB

We were sorry to miss you last night, Bob, but we all figured you'd had a very long day of travel and were probably pooped. I got your message this morning -- I'm in for the Dresden Room tonight for dinner. I'll meet you there around 7:30, give me a call if you need to change the time.

T

That's great, Humu.

We will be there.

Hope to see others there too. Tho I understand two night out in a row for the working folk may be a little too much.

TB

Pages: 1 9 replies