Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

3/24-3/26 -- Humuhumu at Walt Disney World

Pages: 1 14 replies

H

Aloha brothers and sisters of the East Coast Tiki Revival!

I have a business trip to Orlando scheduled for the end of March, and I've scheduled a few extra days at the beginning to see Walt Disney World. I'm getting in at 6pm on Wednesday 3/24, and I can play until 8am Saturday morning. Actually, I should try to be in some sort of decent shape for work, so I shouldn't play too late Friday night.

I've not been to Walt Disney World before, and I'm really excited for this long overdue trip. Any locals able to play on a workday, or want to meet me at the park in the evenings?

Humuhumu, I've been fortunate enough to go three times. I tell you, it looks like good old Walt took a gander at Disneyland and simply made it bigger and better. You wait in shaded/covered areas, the lines flow....and there's a really cool restaurant in the top tower of Cinderella's Castle. Check it out and if you're interested in eating there, you gotta go there first and make reservations!

Would you like to plan on having dinner in
"The Tihiki Room," our outdoor tiki deck, friday evening??? We would love to have you!!!

You bet, Bree! That would be delightful. I'll be staying at the Gaylord Palms that night, do you know if it's near you guys? I think it's in Kissimmee.

First off, I'm jealous!

that said, be sure to hit Luau Cove at the Polynesian Resort. The dinner show is about 3 hours long and well worth it (IMHO). Make your reservations as early as possible for best seats.

BTW, Typhoon Lagoon is a blast too...

-Z

TB

On 2004-02-12 12:09, Humuhumu wrote: I'll be staying at the Gaylord Palms that night, do you know if it's near you guys? I think it's in Kissimmee.

That's about 45 min from us....we're in Winter Park. Do you need us to pick you up??? We'd be happy to....We'll have to decide a time, I'll email our phone #.
Are you free Sunday??? We could plan a trip to Cocoa Beach to see Wayne's studio......

T

Humu, are your final plans for WDW finalized? Let me know what the deal is.

TB

P

Hey Bree - you can't keep the left coasters all to yourself.

How 'bout the rest of the tribe?

TB

On 2004-03-15 22:23, pablus wrote:

Hey Bree - you can't keep the left coasters all to yourself.

How 'bout the rest of the tribe?

Be specific, darling..........what would you like???? and we can factor it in........

H

Hi guys! I'm sorry I've been so terrible in planning this trip... I've got so much going on at work right now, and I've been terrible in finalizing my travel plans. Bob - I still haven't taken time to make reservations, I hopefully will tomorrow and I'll let you know pronto! Bree, if you could pick me up that would be wonderful. Unfortunately, I'm going to be hip-deep in the world of medical imaging starting 8:00 am Saturday morning and continuing until I get my flight out on Thursday at 7:15am. (As soon as I touch down in LA, I'm hopping in my car and driving to San Francisco for the crawl! Jeez, what am I thinking?!) Bree, in case you don't have it, my phone number is (206) 349-1362.

T

Humu, give me a call on my cell tomorrow before you make hotel reservations.

TB

Humuhumu,
Didn't see this post until today. Unfortunately, we have too many commitments next week. Have a great time and hopefully we'll see you at Hale Tiki or the Hukilau.
KG

Tiki Bob - got your message, that sounds fine, I'll try to call you this afternoon while I'm driving up to SF.

Bree - did you get my message?

Geoff - No worries, brah! You'll see me somewhere or another.

P

Rats. Your schedule looks rough.

I'll miss you beautiful Tiki goddesses, but have hopes of seeing you again soon.

Trader Trick - take care of those girls!

Aloha!

On 2004-03-20 10:08, pablus wrote:
I'll miss you beautiful Tiki goddesses,
Trader Trick - take care of those girls!

Aloha!

Pablus,
I will do my best, but the words "sending a boy to do a man's job" keep ringing in my head. Had the guest of honor not already sampled your definitive hospitality and godlike mixing skills, I might have been able to fake it. As it stands, I'm afraid it's like....... making Bush president (oh wait, that one happened didn't it? - and just look at the results! [I rest my case]).

But I will wear a bracelet that says: W.W.P.D. (What Would Pablus Do), and let that guide my actions. Wish me luck!

Sorry we won't be seeing you this weekend. Hopefully we'll all hook up soon.

Trader Trick

[ Edited by: Tiki Bree on 2004-03-21 11:47 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies