Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Help a Boy Find a Mainlander Mug for under $166!

Pages: 1 6 replies

I've been on the prowl for a Mainlander mug (the one with the tongue sticking out) for months now. I bid on the one that was being auctioned on ebay this week, but it went for $166! Too rich for my blood! I know some of you may have some extras that you'd be willing to trade for one of my harder-to-find objects. Let me know. Or if you know of one that's hiding somewhere just waiting to be bought, whisper in my ear :wink:... OK?

M

Welcome to TC RetroGuy! I'm sorry to say that you may have to either dig into your wallet very deep or get extremely lucky to obtain that one. That Mainlander mug always goes for a pretty high price. I've been prowling for it myself for a couple of years now. I'll never pay the price that that last one went for though. The average selling price is around $100 but I've seen them sell for nearly double that. Good luck in your quest...but you might have to bid against me...and many others here. :wink:

You guys just made my day!

Every once in a while I get covetous about all these Tiki-Bob-for-$.50 or only-available-at-Trader-Vic's-in-Hawaii-found-in-a-closet stories, and the fact that I pay $8-10 minimum for the lowliest, most common mug in Texas, but now my Mainlander for $8 doesn't seem like such a bad thing!!!

You have cured my covetousness! Thank you!

M

$8, very nice score Formikahini! Actually, I bought the small version of the Mainlander mug a couple of years ago in Indiana for $10. However, the larger version is the one I really want and it has eluded me for years. Realistically, I doubt I'll ever get it as my spending limit for one mug is way below the average price. I'll keep prowling...

How's about $165.99?

R

I guess I'll have to pray to the Flea Market gods since none of you will help me... :wink:

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:56 ]

Pages: 1 6 replies