Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

is this kinda a South Louisiana Swamp Tiki...?

Pages: 1 8 replies

MO

...piles and piles of beautiful scavenged hardwoods - pecan, live & white oak, cypress...and the ooga-boogas started talking to me...

So, might these be sorta an off-shoot colony of tikis? Or are they some other sort of critter?

At any rate, I'm having enuf fun with 'em to put 'em on the web (along with some other odds & ends) at: http://www.ooga-booga.net ...the oogas are not finished, I'm learning as I go, and am taking suggestions...

...cheers for now

Alpha Ooga

Bravo Ooga

T

?what?

T

Oh! I see now. keep on choppin'

Ooga Booga INDEED!

What about Charlie Booga...or Delta Booga...or, alright I'll shutup. :)

cool stuff and keep the posts coming!

MO

I started Charlie Ooga last week. He'll prob'ly make an appearance here in the next few days.

Thanks fer the encouragement -
cheers...Mr. Ooga

I take it by the "Alpha" and "Bravo" call signs that you're a military man (or ex military?). Keep carving! It's the most fun anyone could have..

MO

Not military, humanitarian assistance with a specialty in "complex emergencies" and "conflict areas". Refugee camps & bush hospitals & such. HF radios are invaluable tools...

And I just gotta love my radio-initials - "Delta Romeo"...

The oogas deigned to be temporarily named, and they liked radio-speak better than most sequentials (they're not big on i.d. numbers, and they seem to like vowel-endings...).

And, yep, I love carvin', too. I mean alot. I really just came into it maybe a month-or-so ago. It's amazing how the wood really does talk to you...

You ex-military? Been carvin' long?

cheers, Mr. Ooga

Not ex-military, but the son of a one-time army man. Carving...he he..not long, maybe 2 years, but a lot. Somewhere around here on "Creating Tiki" there's a "Basement Kahuna" topic; but I've sort of been on a Hale Tiki retainer for a month or so, so not much going on there lately.

MO

Two years? You are...prolific, yes? and your work is beyond impressive.

I have a coupla pieces of oak that seem like they'd might render-up in'eresting percussions. The ooga-boogas tell me that they prefer the result to be more than thumping on a hollow log.

chop-chop, Mr. Ooga

Pages: 1 8 replies