Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Crafts

Creating Tiki Shirts.

Pages: 1 7 replies

I am working with my wife to design some shirts with tiki on the front where the pocket would go. Her sewing machine embroiders and I have looked for tiki embroidery files without any luck. Can anyone here help me in finding tiki type files for free or I'll be happy to pay for them.

Thanks,
Matt :)

On 2004-02-16 16:06, matt.shaver wrote:
Her sewing machine embroiders and I have looked for tiki embroidery files without any luck.

You can probably digitize just about anything for machine embroidery with the right kind of software. If you can't find anything available for download in the format used by your wife's machine, check the little ads in the back of Threads magazine. Your local sewing and/or fabric store might be able to help too.

--cindy, sewing Neanderthal

Hey Matt,
i will track down the ones that my fiancee's mother uses. there are traditional and newer style designs. she embroiders a lot of tiki stuff for us.
will get back to you later.
TT

Tikitanked,

Thanks so much. If she paid for those, please let me know and I'll pay you for them. I have scoured the Internet for them and have turned up nothing and that's so unfortunate. My wife designs my summer shirts because in the midwest, there is practically nothing here that I like. I can't wait to see what you can get a hold of.

Thanks,
Matt,
Spfld, IL

I would think that the digital art you would use would have to be vector based as opposed to rasterized artwork so that the embroidery machine has a path to follow.
If this is the case, and if any of my tiki decals are appealling to ya, you can use them free-o-charge. They are all in vector format. You can see them on my art thread here:

http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=6861&forum=7&14

They are about half way down the page.
(Sorry about the page being such a bandwidth hog, I need to move some of my pics off the first page.)

I also have other island styles on my website:

http://www.lost-isle.com

They are on the trading post page

Please keep us posted on what you find out. Maybe we can work out a trade if you want something custom. PM me or email if you are interested.

T-tAnked, I would like to see and learn more about the art your fiancee's Mom uses.

Chongolio

Chonogolio,

I really like your work. I teach graphic, web and video design at our local community college and can tell you that your work is outstanding. Illustrator is not problem for me to create the tiki I want. Perhaps I'll have to purchase a digitizing program to get them into the sewing format my wife needs.

I'll share what I come up with,
Matt Shaver
Spfld, IL.

Dude,

Instead of the pocket on some shirts why not put the embroidery on the sleeve (as Iolnai did). Think about the collar tip (one side) and on the left front near the hem. Mix it up a bit.

On 2004-02-17 19:19, matt.shaver wrote:
Chonogolio,

I really like your work. I teach graphic, web and video design at our local community college and can tell you that your work is outstanding. Illustrator is not problem for me to create the tiki I want. Perhaps I'll have to purchase a digitizing program to get them into the sewing format my wife needs.

I'll share what I come up with,
Matt Shaver
Spfld, IL.

Thanks for the props on my site Matt. I appreciate the feedback.

Chongolio

Pages: 1 7 replies