Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Sha Sha Sha Shag.... At the STARLITE Room (Long Beach)

Pages: 1 28 replies

M

Shag & the Starlite Room are releasing a new Hide-A-Way Cocktail Cabinet
:drink:

Please join Shag and the Starlite Gang for the official release party on

Date: March 20th 2004
Time: 7-10pm
Long Beach, CA- 90814
Phone: (562) 434-3726

:tiki:

A very limited signed and numbered edition of 250, priced at $300 each.

The Hide-A-Way Cocktail Cabinet is a wall mounted, fold away bar, hidden behind a framed Shag serigraph. This bar measures 17.5 x 20.5 inches at the outside of the frame, and 5 inches deep. When open, the bar reveals its specially designed features. It has compartments made to hold bottles and glasses and a door that becomes a tabletop. It's the perfect place to mix your favorite cocktail. When closed, your Hide-A-Way Cocktail Cabinet becomes an amazing piece of art.

Event Guidelines:
The Hide-A-Way Cocktail Cabinet will go on sale at 7pm March 20, 2004 at Starlite Room. You must be there in person to purchase one. We are limiting these to one per customer. We are not accepting any pre-orders. We are however, creating a waiting list. Any bars remaining after the release party will be offered on a first come, first served basis to those on the waiting list.

Line Up:
You can begin to line up outside the store as early as you wish. At 6pm on March 20, 2004, we will be passing out numbered wristbands guaranteeing your place in line. You must be present to get a wristband. Once you have a number, you are welcome to roam. The sale will begin at 7pm. You must be in your place in line when your number comes up. We will not call your number, look, or wait for you. If you are not in line when your number comes up, you will forfeit your place in line. There will be no exceptions. Only people with a wristband will be allowed to purchase a bar.

Waiting List:
Any bars remaining after the release party, will be offered on a first come, first served basis to those on the waiting list. To be put on the waiting list, send an email with the words "waiting list" in the subject line to [email protected]. Please do not call the store to be put on the waiting list. Please include all of the following information in your email.

Name
Address (No P.O. Boxes)
Telephone #
E-mail address

If any bars are available, an email will be sent stating your total including shipping and a list of payment options. If payment is not received within 48 hours of us sending the e-mail, the bar will be offered to the next person on the waiting list.

See you at the Party!

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2004-02-17 13:54 ]

M

Is anyone up for a Night of Cocktails in the LBC?

TB

Sound good to me, have you gone back to the hawaiian room lately?

Arrggg... Starlight Room is a 5 minute walk from my place, but I'll be out of town that week!!!

I'm up for cocktails, but the Shag event isn't my thing..... love the Starlite Room though!

M

On 2004-02-17 15:13, Tiki Bird wrote:
Sound good to me, have you gone back to the hawaiian room lately?

Hey Dave,
It'been a while.
I sooooo need to hang with my tiki pals.

MTK

TB

Mike, let me know what your schedule looks like, beth & i would like to meet up for a couple of drinks.

p.s. starting tiki beer at end of month

M

On 2004-02-18 09:55, Tiki Bird wrote:
Mike, let me know what your schedule looks like, beth & i would like to meet up for a couple of drinks.

How about hitting the Starlite Room first and then grabbing some drinks at Sams Seafood or Java lanes?

TB

Sounds good, we will meet you there!

what does this mean? Nationally Enquireing minds want to know!

Mmmmmmmmmmm. Beeeeeeeeeeeeer! Shag who???

Keep me up to date on this, Please!!!!
[email protected]

M

Tiki Beer is in the works...
Talk to TikiBird, He's the creator.

I think it's papaiya flavored.
:drink:

M

Whose up for drinks afterwards?

T

Count the Mrs. and I in for drinks.

Tiki Bird & I are up for it. Where to go for drinks?

The Starlight Room is on 4th Street. Also on 4th Street are many a fine bars for whatever your into. If you are an old punk at heart you can visit Fern's, if you like all that emo stuff The Red Room is your place, and for the greasers there is The V Room. FInding a place to get sauced on 4th street is never an issue.

M

Here's a Plan:
Let's meet at Starlite Room between 5:00 and 8:00 pm.
That way, Those who want a bar.... can go through the process.

Then we can head over to a local bar...
Java Lanes, Sams, or whatever...

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2004-03-15 19:57 ]

Utopiandreem & i should be there about 7-7:30 mike.

T

Did anybody attend?

Any updates?

Inquiring minds want to know how the bar looked in person... :wink:

T

pictures coming soon....

MB

Cool, it's great to be able to see photos when you can't get to the gig. Thanks Pug. Make sure you include the pictures of our newest pal, Lars. He's the one with the camera strapped to his head.... kinda looks like a mining helmet light...can't miss him.
Hope everyone had a great time. OASIS!!....protect your beachball at all times.
ALOHA!

M

Another cool event...
Jason and Catherine (Starlite Room) did a great job at planning.

The lines moved quickly (15 minutes), the bars are sweeeetttt, the music was good, and the pink punch was strong... what more could you ask for.

Oh yeah!! It was nice to hang with old friends...

MTK

L
Lars posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 8:58 AM

Mrs. B, that's a good one!! But the camera is acually IN my head.

(Besides, who needs a camera when his images are EVERYWHERE.)

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-23 17:19 ]

T

Thanks to Al, I can now post my first set of pictures to T.C.

Shag signing my bar.

Shag & Mrs. Pug

MTKahuna & Shag

Mrs. Pug & MTKahuna showing off their bars

Utopiandreem, MTkahuna, Tiki Bird, & Mrs.Pug

The band playing out back of The Starlite Room

All the bars waiting to be sold

[ Edited by: TikiPug on 2004-03-23 11:08 ]

TB

Great evening, good to see Mr & Mrs. Pug, MTkahuna, Trent, Trader Pup & Robert. We also had a great time at Sam's Seafood afterwards.

L
Lars posted on Tue, Mar 23, 2004 3:18 PM

How could you NOT have a good time at Sam's Seafood?? Thanks for the pics. Cool bar!! Looks like you all had a great time.

There's already someone on e-bay trying to get $650 for this. Imagine that. Well, they did go through all the trouble of going down there, and then standing in line to purchase it. That's got to be worth something, right?

I think I'll try to make my own out of the cheapest medicine cabinet I can find at Home Depot. A little modification, a little paint, a frame, and it should look pretty snazzy. It'll actually mount into the wall, too, so the front will be flush with the wall. What a great idea, a hideaway bar. I wish I would of thought of it.

[ Edited by: Lars on 2004-03-24 01:10 ]

M

TPug,
You and Stacy are da shit! Great photos...
TBird & UDream... Let me know when the tiki beer is ready.

MTK

[ Edited by: MTKahuna on 2004-03-24 18:04 ]

M

The bar looks pretty cool! Althought I'd like it better if they would have made the generic white box part a little more decorative...or made it so the bar could be recessed into the wall. Also, is the artwork just silk screened on the front or is it somehow waterproofed or behind glass? I can imagine if you're really using this as a mixing table, there are going to be spills. And that's one expensive spill if it drips all over an unprotected print. Glad to hear that someone hosting a Shag event was finally organized. Looks like all had a good time.

ModMana :drink:

On 2004-03-25 01:43, ModMana wrote:
The bar looks pretty cool! Althought I'd like it better if they would have made the generic white box part a little more decorative...or made it so the bar could be recessed into the wall. Also, is the artwork just silk screened on the front or is it somehow waterproofed or behind glass? I can imagine if you're really using this as a mixing table, there are going to be spills. And that's one expensive spill if it drips all over an unprotected print. Glad to hear that someone hosting a Shag event was finally organized. Looks like all had a good time.

ModMana :drink:

Rich,
How and the heck are you? The bars are covered in glass and the prints are securely encased in the top frame. I can't see using it as a bar... just a cool gimmicky addition to the collection.

Tell Marianne hola from me.
When are you two gonna be in the neighborhood?

MTK :tiki:

A

Tikipug,
Great shots thanks for posting.
Mahalo,
Al

Pages: 1 28 replies