Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Mr. Dennys new bar plus a tiki 4 sale

Pages: 1 14 replies

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Feb 18, 2004 3:45 PM

Eh Howzit peopo!

I've been busy getting ready to go on my 3 week buisness/vacation trip in a few weeks.
I'm trying to get out orders befor I go but looks like some are not going to be finished in time... Dam day job!!!!

Anyways, I made this bar a little while ago and liked da style so much I decided to keep it. Then Mr.Denny gave me all this ALOHA spirit towards my work and I haven't been able to really thank him like I want. Personally I was happy already with giving me the honor to carve him a tiki and not go to any other carver on da island of which we have PLENNY MASTER CARVERS!!! WAYYYYYYYY MO BETTA DEN ME!!!!! But to also help me with my first tiki mug was just....NO WORDS!!!

So here is a little Mahalo from me to him on da house. "Da Martin Denny bar"

My good friend and web designer did the art on top of the bar. He blendded the 4 albums together using trick computa type stuffs.

It couldn't be big because they are limited fo space....Dats wat happens wen you get wun BIG GRAND PIANO in your living room!

look at the detail of the blending of the albums, ONO!!!

as you see it says Sept on the brass plate because thats when I planed on giving it to him but they got busy during the Holidays so I just waited.

No that is not glass on the bar. It's dat hard plastic stuff that you poor onto wat'eva u like and den it gets hard.

Now, da tiki was for a customer who ended up in a bad situation and prevented him from paying for his order. I charged him $400 for this solid monkey pod tiki. I will let it go here on TC for da same price and thats with shipping....yes, I'll take wun fo' da crew.
This is a 75lbs baby and is a very nice diameter. If no wun is interested I'll put it on ebay when I get back or sell it locally.

I'm getting ready to go on my 3 week trip so I'll let him go cheap. I got a new mug in da makes besides da wun with Tiki Farm right now and bills gotta get paid. If anyone serious is interested just PM me.
MAINLAND ONLY!!!! SORRY to my ohana from Europe and other areas.

heres da Marques style tiki

Mahaloz gang!

oh, heres da other pic of the bar top. It's da left side of the pic

[ Edited by: gecko on 2004-02-18 15:50 ]

Gecko- as always, your stuff is truly amazing. That bar is beautiful and what an honor it must have been to work for Mr Martin Denny! I'm speechless.
Wish I had the $ to buy some of your stuff...
Have fun on your trip...

Gecko Brah, that's a nice bar. I like the top on it -- very original idea. Lookin' good...Lookin' good....

beauty! I like the tapa & matting on the front and sides, really makes that big bamboo and especially your beautiful carving at the bottom stand out. The top is sweet, I'm planning on using that technique with my own bar when I get around to it, makes for a lot less worries when mixing the drinks(I tend to be a little messy at times)

G
GECKO posted on Wed, Feb 18, 2004 5:00 PM

Mahaloz guys. Yes that top is da best when mixing drinks.

To bad Mr. Denny can not stand up for a long period of time anymore other wise he could use this as an autograph booth.

When I get back I have a crazy idea for a bar top and will get to it when I finish my other orders. I know you guys will love it.

Tanks'

S
SES posted on Wed, Feb 18, 2004 5:07 PM

That came out beautiful. Have a great trip!

On 2004-02-18 17:00, GECKO wrote:
To bad Mr. Denny can not stand up for a long period of time.

Then your bar is truly a success!!

What a talent bra. Beautiful as ever.
Surely Martin is lovin life when he walks into his room and sees this bar.

Cheers!

(explitives) Gecko,
That bar is beautiful!
i drooled so hard that i am now wearing a bib.
Please update this post with a photo of Mr. Denny with the bar.
TT

Fantastic concept and bar, Gecko...I love it. Mr. Denny will be very, very proud.

T

Excellent job on da bar! And that monkeypod tiki is awesome! I love the grain of monkeypod wood. Someone is gonna be stoked to own that one.

Have a successful trip!

[ Edited by: filslash 2008-09-10 13:56 ]

Gecko, what a gift to have the gift to be able to give such a gift!
I always loved the "embedded in resin" concept, they used it at the piano bar and the owner's desks at the Kahiki in Columbus...he must be thrilled.
Maybe you can find a rattan bar stool with a back rest for him?...

T

gnarly! I loves it! I love your spirit Gecko

The Martin Denny bar brings tears to my eyes! It is wonderful!!!!!!!!!!!

M

Gecko,

What is one amazing bar bradda. Your work truly is amazing!

P.S. I can't wait to get my hands on your "Exotica" mug either. Glad to hear that you are already planning your next mug(s).

Mahalo for keeping the Aloha spirt alive,
MachTiki

[ Edited by: MachTiki on 2004-02-25 15:19 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies