Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Any tiki nuts in Vermont?

Pages: 1 11 replies

I'm living in Vermont...not too much up here for tikiphiles, so my girlfriend and I built a crazy tiki bar on our lanai...huge and detailed...wanted to get toether with locals who appreciate a good Volcano bowl or Goombay Smash....or even investors for a Tiki Bar...( Ihave a degree in restaurant management, went to culinary school, was a chef in Maui,...was even on Great Chefs of Hawaii!) Mahalo, Grey

How ironic! I'm here in the middle of tiki-dom and I want to start a maple syrup bar! Got an industrial sized waffle maker and mixer. Planted a maple tree but it died :( Don't know if I can make palm tree syrup?

Cool, well, make sure the decor looks like a red barn, liquor is poured from milk bottles, Aloha shirts have cow prints, (all udders covered with coconut bras? or maple leaves?) Cheese cubes for garnish? Apple slices? Good ideas, huh?

Hey Chefgrey2 (whos Chefgrey1?)

There a couple of us in CT not too far away. I take a road trip to McNeills Brewery in Brattleboro at least once a year. Have you any pics of your Tiki bar? Any way you can post them? The closest bar/resturants are in the Boston and Springfield areas.
Mahalo,
Mark

Aloha, Mark! There is also a pretty cool bar in Portsmouth NH a called King Tiki...huge. Check it out! I'll be posting pics soon once I can figure out all the protocol...I'll also be trying to get a live webcam up so as to beam the play-by -play of my parties!

Aloha, Mark! There is also a pretty cool bar in Portsmouth NH a called King Tiki...huge. Check it out! I'll be posting pics soon once I can figure out all the protocol...I'll also be trying to get a live webcam up so as to beam the play-by -play of my parties!

B

[ Edited by: badmojo 2006-06-08 11:23 ]

Aloha! I'm in Shelburne, but, alas, I am moving out of state in a week....Starting to take apart my Tiki Bar...two years of work and collecting now starting to go into boxes...hopefully I'll come back and open a Tiki Bar in Burlington within five years...Once I open one in Chicago...Keep the faith!

I am in Burlington. Why did you move? I just signed up here and you move? That's not right. And the only other tiki freak in Vermont is 2 hours away. Come back to Burlington. I've got a fez and everything.

Recently visited Burlington and I ran into a Thai Restraunt called Parima that has some of the most beautiful decor --- I know it's very close to Church Street (I believe it's on Pearl Street) anyhoo it wasn't a "tiki" bar but it I know that they were serving tropical drinks and if memory serves me right they even advertised a Scorpion. Granted as I've debated before a decent tropical drinks offering does not a Tiki Bar make but when in Burlington the pickings may be slim. ChefGrey did you go to the NECI ?? By the way ChefGrey please have a pastery from the NECI and a cup of Joe at Speeder's and Earl's for me.....I thought both were pretty sweet.

TB

I must insist that any tiki fanatics, especially those who post on this forum, contact me directly upon entering the city of Burlington, Vermont (or Chittenden county for that matter). Upon contact you will be instructed on where to safely park and enjoy several free and potent (or virgin) cocktails at my private speakeasy style tiki room/bar. I am only two blocks from the above mentioned restaurant, Parima. Those who fail to comply will be tracked down and beaten to a fruit juicy pulp with a nice Hawaiian punch.

You betta RecogniZe!

[ Edited by: Primo Kimo on 2003-07-29 18:00 ]

Primo Kimo...still in Burlington? We're about 40 minutes away in Middlesex. We're just starting the construction of our tiki lounge in preparation for my Rockabilly Luau birthday bash on September 12! I'm ridiculously excited.

Big hello from another VT tiki freak :)
Tara

Pages: 1 11 replies