Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

lawsuit??

Pages: 1 12 replies

Did I miss JB at last years Tiki Oasis??

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3462333963&category=15687

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-02-21 10:02 ]

For what? Using Tie Die with Tiki? Or that the Parrot Heads are moving away from Margaritaville and going Tiki Time?

James Brown was at Tiki Oasis? Cool...

M

Looks like Munktiki could join in the lawsuit fun as well...(look at the back graphics).

Obviously there's some cut & paste job going on there with Derek Yaniger's Tiki Oasis III artwork.

Now the weird thing is the back of the t-shirt: Is it my monitor and eyes playing tricks or does the second picture of the back of the t-shirt say Tiki Time Tour "3002" instead of 2003?

I dont' think Derek would be too happy with his design being used without authorization.

Man, I missed my only opportunity to see Jimmy Buffet. I must have had too many mai tai's at T.O. III. Shame on me!

On 2004-02-21 10:38, SugarCaddyDaddy wrote:
Now the weird thing is the back of the t-shirt: Is it my monitor and eyes playing tricks or does the second picture of the back of the t-shirt say Tiki Time Tour "3002" instead of 2003?

Yep, it looks like 3002 to me as well. Cixelsyd eb tsum yeht! Aaaah Ah Ah Ah!

T

Hey SCD, it does look like 3002 in the picture but I think it really is 2002. It's just the way it's photographed.

What I want to know is what the F' is that in the middle on the back, it looks like a bunch of parrots with sombreros??

...like, oh yeah that belongs!

On 2004-02-21 10:27, ModMana wrote:
Looks like Munktiki could join in the lawsuit fun as well...(look at the back graphics).

That's a definate yes, on the Munktiki rip off. The guy was smokin too much dope to come up with his own stuff.

K
Kim posted on Sat, Feb 21, 2004 4:03 PM

It's definitely a copyright infringement, but unless Munktiki and/or Tiki Oasis (or the organizers) registered their copyrights on the images, etc, then it's probably not going to be worth their time & money to sue, since they won't be able to sue for lawyer/legal expenses.

The need to register copyrights so that you have legal recourse was discussed a while ago, here: https://tikicentral.com/viewtopic-new.php?topic=3120&forum=1

So it is slimy, but it may not be something that can be pursued legally.

I sent this person a message through ebay to please stop selling the shirt. About 2 hours later I got an email from ebay, which was obviously fake, asking to update all my personal info or else my account would be suspended, reason being I violated some ebay agreement. Ive heard of these spoof ebay emails but till this day I had never gotten one. After deleting it I checked the auction again and the seller had already changed it, now its a mike tyson shirt.
The whole spoof email seemed kinda suspicious to me, very coincidental.
Anyways thanks to those who pointed it out to me.

-stuckie

On 2004-02-21 10:02, Cool Manchu wrote:
For what? Using Tie Die with Tiki? Or that the Parrot Heads are moving away from Margaritaville and going Tiki Time?

You get it now?

Stuckie!!
Please don't be such a stranger around here.
We need you around here more dude.
I'm coming to your studio next week after I call with a confirm.

Unga\Kevin

Pages: 1 12 replies