Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

...It's Got To Be Funky!

Pages: 1 22 replies

What does FUNK do to you?

(I don't know but for some reason it makes me grooove!)

It makes me fizzle in my nizzle, and sometimes it makes me jizzle.

S

Got to get funked up! P-Funk!

think of a nice Root Ball Tiki with some P-Funk jammin in the background! It totally fits!

Not meant to be racist if any of you "think that way!" I used to party with Overton Lloyd a good friend of the P Funker- Mr. Clinton himself! I was thinkin about what I posted last night, and thought I should add this today. Ok, on with the show!

[ Edited by: revbambooben on 2004-02-24 20:37 ]

S

Makes me break out in a cold sweat...Very difficult to play right. Like the Blues, full of nuance and subtlety...unless I'm drunk, then let the Funk fly! (Comes from the hips don't ya know).

Makes me want to crank up some Fat Boy Slim

"Check It Out Now-The Funk Soul Brother!"

Makes me wanna watch "Swat".

Funk inspires me, and lifts me up if I am depressed..just like Hawaiian music does..Of course, I am not talking about any old funk, but the best Funk..Slave, Rick James, EWF, James Brown, Cameo, P-Funkadelic, The BarKays, and of course, Chic!!

Habdab! BabaHabaBaba!
Hooodawg!
Ahmamakkkkkkkkkkkamego Haaaaah!
Sugahshugahshugashuga
Make-ame-say word like.... Chickamaga!
and and and and... MUNKLE BUNNY!
HAH!

We Wants Ta Get Funked Up!
Gonna Do It To Ya In Ya Ear Hole!
Got Ta Pin Da Tail On Da Funky!

[ Edited by: Unga Bunga on 2004-02-24 11:40 ]

I remember once in about 1981 or so, after some punk show in LA we all stormed over to Oki Dogs to chow. Rick James' limo pulls up and about 20 of us jumped on top of his limo and were doing various 'things' on it.

The limo drove off spilling punks all over the asphalt. Ah, the good ol' days.

"I'm ashamed to be here, but not too ashamed to leave..."

Celebrate 'International Tiki Day' the second Saturday in August - Hau'oli La Tiki!

[ Edited by: Tiki_Bong on 2004-02-24 14:11 ]

Has anyone tried performing Hapa-Funk? Hawaiian & Hapa-Haole songs all Funked Up? Take it to the "1"!

I said Grass (dah, dah, dah, dah) shack, she da one, da only one, built like a amazon...

TM1

Bong, your paisano here:

Man, I did not know you were a old punker!

I remember throwing up in front of Lee Ving, back in the day, at the cuckoo's nest!! I remember him telling me I was an Idiot!

I had a bottle of Sloe Gin that I was drinking..tasted nasty like cough syrup!

New york is alright, (if you like saxophones)

I met Bill Handel the other day, from KFI talk radio, and he also called me an idiot, right in front of my Wahine.

Ah well, maybe they are on to something?

Can a person be a talented idiot? idiot savant?

Or do I just smoke too much of the pakalolo??

On 2004-02-24 17:22, tiki mick wrote:
I met Bill Handel the other day, from KFI talk radio, and he also called me an idiot, right in front of my Wahine.

If anyone from KFI or KSFO calls you an idiot, you should take it as a compliment! 8)

Love the Origanals George Clinton, Curtis Mayfield, Rick James ect...Love the Talking Heads version of funk and the Southern Rock/acid rock brand of funk that some "jambands" are playing now inspired by Funk, Talking Heads ect..., Phish, Mofro, Widespread Panic ect...Seeing David Byrne this summer with a few of those bands, hope he's still got some funk in him. Funk makes me shake a my ass. That's what it means to me anyway.

K
Klas posted on Wed, Feb 25, 2004 12:04 AM

Funk makes me puke - and I'm not talking about The Beachcomber's drink recipe "Doctor Funk" :)

On 2004-02-24 14:14, Tiki_Bong wrote:
I said Grass (dah, dah, dah, dah) shack, she da one, da only one, built like a amazon...

More like "Little Grass Shack" with Bootsy on bass, or a Uke solo in "Flashlight."

I don't know what it does for me.........WTF is Funk? "Kinky Girl" by Rick James?.......I'm gettin' too ol for dat chit.

JT. Funk is good for arthralgia.

Hey, Mick - What did you say that made Handel call you an idiot? That can be a term of endearment coming from him! Myself, I think KFI is a beautiful thing.

K

Funk reflects an earthy attitude. An odor, if you will.

TM1

On 2004-02-25 22:22, floratina wrote:
Hey, Mick - What did you say that made Handel call you an idiot? That can be a term of endearment coming from him! Myself, I think KFI is a beautiful thing.

Well, I walked up to him and told him that although I am a "demo-cat", I listen to his show every morning..I also told him that i thought some of his commentary was "genius" (even though I don't agree with him, I think the guy is great) and then he said "well, then you must be a real idiot"

Honestly, I could not tell if he was being self-effacing, or just a typical jerk...regardless, I still, listen to his show every morning, because the guy is so pragmatic, realistic and funny!

He did tell me I had a cool haircut..(I have my hair military-short, and I am bald just like him)!!

As far as KFI goes, I hate Rush, hate Dr. Laura, but I love Wayne reznik, John and Ken and Phil Hendrie of course (I love Phil mainly because he uses the ultra-lounge series as his music sometimes)

John and Ken, what can I say? I would cross the line and vote for either one if they ran for some public office...I LOVED the way they went after the Trevor law group, and scumbag Scott Petersen!!

Pages: 1 22 replies