Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Other Events

TIKI SWAP IN NYC- Monday, March 15 at Otto's

Pages: 1 15 replies

(SWAP, SHOW, SELL & MEET FELLOW TIKI COLLECTORS IN THE NYC AREA)

I confirmed with Steve (owner of Otto's Shrunken Head) that he could provide a table(s), to show our goods to sell, swap or just display.

Steve also confirmed that "Fisherman" will be back and performing that evening.

Please confirm with me on this posting if you are able to come on Monday, March 15th. The time is from 9:00 p.m. - 1:00 a.m. The address of Otto's Shrunken Head is 538 E. 14th St., (between Avenues A & B), NYC (212) 228-2240.

I look forward to meeting you there!

Wear your "Aloha" shirts....

Mahalo,

Alan Sumac

Hey Alan,

I'll absolutly be at Otto's on the ides of March... in fact, I'll be at Otto's every Monday for the rest of my life!! I look foward to meeting you and seeing all your tiki collectables. Hopefully we'll be able to get the rest of the New York area tiki-central contingent out as well. Maybe we can get someone to make some coconut shrimp. Hell, maybe I'll do it...

--tikidrummer
http://www.fishermansburlesque.com

I am sure to attend, not much of a swapper though, oh wait...

I'll swap one Hula dance for a cocktail?

I've heard abbout you Tiki-swappers.

Inky,

I'll gladly buy you a coctail if you hula dance for a number or two. We'll even play "Hula Blues." I'll even let you bum a cigarette off me!!

--tikidrummer

MC

Hey Tiki drummer,
Can my tiki dance troupe dance Rock-A-Hula and a don Tiki song? (either along to a CD or better yet to you guys!)
I can send Fisherman a DVD of our dancin' if you provide a mailing address.
Manic C

Manic--

I'll have to consult the big fish when he gets back from vacation. It sounds like fun to me! I'd rather have us play the music than use the CD. But I'm not aloud to make these kinds of decisions without approval from the "Fisherman Council." I'll let you know when I've received approval. (I'm sure it'll be fine!)

--tikidrummer

MC

Ohh-that would be great, TD.
we wouldn't be asking for anything--just a chance to polish our go-go-hula moves.
Steve's used us before at his private parties-so he can verify that we are a legitimate, in need of as much dance time as we can get, bunch.
MC

ps could I still send a DVD to a mailing address?

[ Edited by: manic cat on 2004-02-26 13:28 ]

Hey Manic--

Check your personal messages. Right on...

--tikidrummer

T

hey all
just wanted to let everyone know that for mon. the 15th at Otto's Shrunken Head Fisherman will be joined by the amazing Mad Juana (they sing amazingly beautiful torch songs and lonesome gypsy ballads) and Devotchka (Slavic multi-instrumentalist compositions) from Phoenix
steve

Devotcha is fantastic! They played with a burlesque tour last year, and -- no slight to the lovely ladies involved -- I thought they were the best thing about the show. As a matter of fact, I really should pull their cd out and listen to it more. Mondays at Otto's are already not-to-be-missed, but this makes it not-to-be-missed-er. Wish I could be there.

me & tiki emi will be there. i'll look to see if i have anything that i'm willing to swap.

manic cat - about what time will your tiki dance troupe perform?

see you monday,
chris

Troupe du Jour will NOT be performing. But hopefuly we can arrange something for the future!

I will be there. I don't have alot to swap (my apartment is too tiny to house extras).
But it will be good to meet you Alan Sumac!

Manic Cat

sorry to say em & i can't make it. things came up that we just can't get out of. have fun/hope to see you soon.

aloha,
tc

MC

hey Alan,
I never got to say thanks for bringing your stuff out! It was fun to gaze upon the beautiful Shag bracelet and your other tiki jewels. Nice to meet you!
stay in touch!
manic Cat

yeah, thanks alan. hope to see you back at Otto's sometime soon!

--tikidrummer

Pages: 1 15 replies