Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Back from Thailand and Cambodia

Pages: 1 9 replies

T

... and I finally made it to Trader Vic's Bangkok! Pics to come soon. There is something just too weird though, about a faux paradise built in the middle of paradise. Is that irony? Someone ask Alanis Morisette.

Also, I got to fire an M-60 in Phnom Penh, ride an elephant, tour malaria infested rivers in deathtrap boats, see Angkor Wat and the Killing Fields, and get scammed 60 ways til sunday by unscrupulous cab drivers and tour guides. Ah, the far east.

Sadly, I did not get to see any Patpong girls fire ping pong balls out of their yahoos - we ran out of time!

H

Welcome home! Sounds like you had a classic adventure. But man, you've got to make time to see the ping pong balls flyin' out of yahoos. I suppose you had to save something for a return trip. Can't wait to see your pictures.

T

I know, I regret not making the time,. but time flew by. I was saving the naughty nights for when we could hit the town with my cousin Cam (who lives there) so he could show us the places we wanted to see... his wife told me there are ladies who can peel bananas and open bottles of coke using no hands, if you know what I mean. But sadly Cam was working night and day on a tight deadline getting out the march issue of Farang magazine so we hardly ever saw him. Damn!

S
SES posted on Tue, Feb 24, 2004 4:49 PM

Welcome home!

Glad you had a great trip! Need SHOUT now that you are back.
:wink:

Welcome Back!
Can't wait to read the full story all about your trip. 2,000 words. double-spaced. due by friday.

-Z

Welcome back, looking forward to the pics, how was the food & sites?

welcome back, welcome back, welcome back!

(apologies to mr. kotter)

j$

envious

My son got kicked out of a donut shop owned and operated by Cambodians a coupla years ago for wearing a Dead Kennedy's "Holiday in Cambodia" button on his jacket. I guess they just couldn't see the humor in Pol Pot's slaughter of 1/2 the country's population. Jeez...get over it!

T

Well considering many Cambodians like to pretend it never happened, it is good to see them giving the young'uns hell!

Pages: 1 9 replies