Tiki Central / Other Events

South London Pacific - 18th March

Pages: 1 19 replies

Hey y'all Euro-tikis. Check out http://www.southlondonpacific.co.uk
Thursday 18th March should be a blast.
Carving and uke playing.
I'm definately going.
Any TC-ers wanna meet up?

Aloha folks, we are going to do this for sure. I'm carving a tiki for the bar and Kuke is going to heckle the crowd. I'm leaving for europe in a few hours, and have had little sleep for the past week. Ahhh

Chikitiki, Are you bringing over any carvings etc to sell to us Tiki deprived europeans?

Hey there, we are in Berlin now! I brought some T shirts and keychains. If you want a carving I brought my chisels so.... Get a log for me and I'll do something if youd like.

Looks like they conned Chiki to go carve a Tiki, but actually turned him into a Sex Slave!!!

http://www.southlondonpacific.com/pop.html?filename=images/sb06.jpg

Sometimes it's Top Ramen and sometimes it's Lobster! With the look on those Birds faces, you'll be eating Lobster!!! What's the exchange rate? A pound must weigh down that thong! You go dude!!!

Do you think those make me look fat ?

Damn! I've permanently moved away from the area now, so no more visits to the SLP...

Sounds like a great night too. Chiki, if you've got an extra day or two, you're welcome to visit us up here in Lancashire. We've got a small castle and some great beer!

Trader Woody

ALOOOHA!

Hey thanks Trader Woody, I am gonna do my darndest to meet all the UK TC peeps. We are having a BLAST and look foward to seeing all.

TB

Blast!!!

I will have missed you by a weekend, heading to London and Paris tomorrow from Los Angeles. I will be hitting South London Pacific on Friday Mar. 12 or Sat Mar 13....

Would have been nice to see that. You'll have to tell me if and when you do the show back here in Los Angeles.

TB.

I'm in. Will be in London, by chance, vacationing with my best friend. Am in London until March 29th. See you all there!

.tonya.

That's cool folks! We will be in London a couple of days before the event. This trip has been great. I seem to be carving more here than in the states. We will be in Barcelona after London for a few days to spread the love there too. I am going to start a thread for the updates, I guess. I have to go and carve my little heart out now. Auf Wiedersehen !

8T

Get some photos posted here so we can follow your trip as it happens. Would love to see the European TC family "mugs" and your carvings too. (but no more thong shots like the one the Rev linked P-L-E-A-S-E!!!!!!!!!) Good thing I was near an exit or I might have vomitted right here in the office! Whew! that was a close one!
Have fun & be careful.

Save the Tikis!

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-03-05 07:43 ]

We're leaving for London in two days.
Is this event still going to happen? I mean, are some TC people going to show? Is there a time plan or anything?

.tonya.

I'll be in London from about 5 PM onwards. I'm gonna look for somewhere to eat then get down to SLP about 7.30. Give me a shout if anyone wants to meet up.

All set for Thursday night at around 9ish PM at South London Pacific . We don't have any other carvings with us , but we've got t-shirts and some key chains left , Kuke will have his highly anticipated CD (and worth the wait) with him too. And all you London TCers , please come up and say hello so we can a face with your name !

M

Get Kuke's CD. I got it in Berlin and am listening to his wonderful tunes all day. It is great.

Get pouring my Mai Tai now.

Kon (AKA mai Tai Si)

Too bad we couldn't meet this time Chikitiki.
Any Pics of this event? I'm sure it was a hell of a crazy night.

Yes, pictures would be nice. I'm glad all of you are having a great time!

Sidenote: Is it me or is it a bit disheartening for us that are local to King Kukulele (in the U.S., especially Southern Calfornia) and never hearing about this "CD" that was coming out? Having actually worked in the recording industry in the past, it seems as if those that come out with their music, do it much differently (marketing & selling) from when I was in the business. I guess we'll be able to get his CD sometime in the future.

Just returned from 2 weeks in London. Sad I had to leave. Though glad to be back; my wisdom teeth gave me a huge pain the last week of my trip. Wasn't able to make it to SLP for the tiki event. Plane was late, jet lag, etc etc. Did go the next night (deep funk and soul night) though. What a cute place! My friend (who didn't know she was so into tiki) loved it too. Friendly bartenders (though short pours on the liquor) and my friend had this huge crush on the guy working the door. Had fun and will be going back, my next trip to London. Thank you for leading me there!

.tonya.

Pages: 1 19 replies