Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

(my) tiki bar in newspaper

Pages: 1 14 replies

NN2

Recently our local newspaper came to uor house to do an article about a new business I am starting and wanted to take some photos. Well I suggested we step into my "office" you should have seen the look on the photographers face when I told him this was where I worked from. I had a hard time getting rid of him . We were quite suprised a few days later when we expected to see a tiny paragraph in the business section, but instead there was a full article and color picture on the front page.

Score!

What's the new biz?

B

Way Cool. One of those Unexpected Pleasures in life. Take it while you can.
Lets see that article leaves you with at least 10 minutes of Fame . Nice...

Hi Nui Nui, why not post the article too?

Pretty cool. Show more pics of your bar.
Lower right of photo: Mr. McCrank :)

What is the name of the bar, where is it located? What's the scoop?

I found a blurb about the business on the SFSU news site, but I can't find anything on the LA Times' Daily Pilot page, or in the LA Times' online Archives. Any HB Hoity-Toitys have a copy of Dec. 15th's Daily Pilot business pages?

On 2004-02-27 11:29, freddiefreelance wrote:
I found a blurb about the business on the SFSU news site,

Freddie, where is it in the SFSU website? There's a million articles and I cant find the blurb. Please help. Did Nui Nui go to SFSU? If he did Aloha fellow alumni.

thanks

NN2

Aloha, Yes I did go to SFSU and it was very hard to leave S.F. but now I live about three houses from the beach and I am adjusting to so cal. I will post the whole article this weekend when I have a second. Basically it is a surf, skate and snowboard apparel company.

Thought so! Those guys around you look the part!
You wouldn't happen to need a Graphic Designer now, would you? Granted I surf on Lake Michigan, but as a surferskatersnowboarder I am hip to the industry... :wink: Some work in the business I'm really interested would be great...

S
SES posted on Sat, Feb 28, 2004 12:12 AM

Good luck with the new biz venture. It's off to a great start.
Photographers are always looking for interesting things to incorporate into articles.

Great picture. Free press is the best. Good luck seems to follow Tiki.

Brad

Congrats on the article. Good luck with the business.

On 2004-02-27 16:26, Nui Nui 2 wrote:
Aloha, Yes I did go to SFSU and it was very hard to leave S.F. but now I live about three houses from the beach and I am adjusting to so cal.

Wait a minute! Adjusting to So Cal.???

Dude! Did you not grow up with us here???

Was it all a blurr in my head!!!???

Do I have a Chronic Disorder????

On 2004-02-27 16:16, The Monitors wrote:

On 2004-02-27 11:29, freddiefreelance wrote:
I found a blurb about the business on the SFSU news site,

Freddie, where is it in the SFSU website? There's a million articles and I cant find the blurb. Please help. Did Nui Nui go to SFSU? If he did Aloha fellow alumni.

thanks

Here's the quote from the SFSU news page:

Alum Pat Newett has launched "Vacant," a skate, surf and snowboarding clothing company. Los Angeles Times 12/15/03 (free registration required)

Rev. Dr. Frederick J. Freelance, Ph.D., D.F.S

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-03-01 12:26 ]

[ Edited by: freddiefreelance on 2004-03-01 12:27 ]

Pages: 1 14 replies