Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

GAMERA vs. MONSTER X Tiki

Pages: 1 4 replies

There is a VERY PROMINENT tiki in "Gamera vs. Monster X," which just got rereleased on DVD. It is SO prominent, it is actually the thing that kills the monster in the end--it is a giant whistle carved in the likeness of a tiki god, and the whistle gives off a sound that makes the bad monster sick.

This is just very amusing to me! I haven't watched the film in a while, and this was a pleasant surprise.

procinema29 wrote:
There is a VERY PROMINENT tiki in "Gamera vs. Monster X,"...It is SO prominent, it is actually the thing that kills the monster in the end...

Oh sure, just spoil the whole thing for us! :lol: :lol:

Just kidding with ya! Thanks for the reminder.

Previous small chatter on Gamera vs. Monster X.

F

Cool! and Thanks! - Been wonderin' how that movie ended for like thirty years!!!

Ah, beaten to the punch once again! Aw, man!

But really, I thought it was cute the way they never really stuck the tiki statue into the monster's forehead--they sort of frame it in a profile, and affix the thing to the side of the creature's head. Sort of like a stage actor holding the blade of a sword in his underarm and "pretending" to be stabbed...this must have been because the suit performer's real head was in the way.

Monster X is one of the butt-ugliest monsters I've ever seen, BTW! He's a flying bulldog from hell!

That's F*cked up, Y'all!

Pages: 1 4 replies