Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

Fish Heads, Rolly Polly Fish Heads

Pages: 1 14 replies

I was watching VH-1 Classic last night and caught this wonderful piece of visual art that I hadn't seen in 15 or 20 years. "FishHeads" by Barnes & Barnes. The cool thing that I never noticed before was the recurring FEZ theme throughout the whole video!

Ah, how I miss MTV's golden age.

-Z

M

As everyone here probably knows, one half of Barnes & Barnes was Bill Mumy, who as a young man played Will Robinson on TV. As in "Danger, Will Robinson!"

I love VH1 Classic so much. I was home sick yesterday, and I gave it a good two hours of my day. It's easy to get sucked in. Saw the video for Twilight Zone by Golden Earring! Woohoo! Netherlands Rock 4 Ever!

On 2004-02-27 11:23, martiki wrote:
As everyone here probably knows, one half of Barnes & Barnes was Bill Mumy, who as a young man played Will Robinson on TV. As in "Danger, Will Robinson!"

I love VH1 Classic so much. I was home sick yesterday, and I gave it a good two hours of my day. It's easy to get sucked in. Saw the video for Twilight Zone by Golden Earring! Woohoo! Netherlands Rock 4 Ever!

oddly i ws thinking abour bill mumy yesterday, for no reason whatsoever.

brain warped by 70's television...

Mumy still shows up as a guest at lots of comic conventions.

Have you heard the rest of the Barnes and Barnes material? It is some seriosly weird s**t.

M

That doesn't surprise me since he was also in the cast of Babylon 5.

This thread is diving deeply into geekdom.
Mayday! Mayday! Pull up!

hey i got the latest weird al album and listened to it at the dr. who convention, then we had a LAN party playing counter strike with some guys from an anime festival...

just kiddin :P

check out http://smurgen.kj-soft.com/rick/pub/1077200195573-geekhierarchy.gif for the geek hierarchy tho... j$

Mummy was definately Geek Material.

You are all being sent to the Cornfield.

I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that video. I think It was on USA's Nite Flight (a truly warped show that aired at midnite saturday in the mid 80's). Also have the song on one of the Dr. Demento compilation albums.

On 2004-02-27 14:53, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
I laughed my ass off the first time I saw that video. I think It was on USA's Nite Flight (a truly warped show that aired at midnite saturday in the mid 80's). Also have the song on one of the Dr. Demento compilation albums.

Nite Flight rocked!!!

On 2004-02-27 14:53, Shipwreckjoey wrote:
USA's Nite Flight

Night flight ruled my teen years.

Everything cool was there: from 1950s atomica to obscure new wave bands to truly warped movies.

I fell in love with British prog rocker Kate Bush on Night Flight...sigh

...Roly poly fish heads are never seen drinking cappuccino
In Italian restaurants with oriental women... yeah

J
JonPez posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2004 6:41 AM

Yes, Billy Mumy was one of the members of Barnes & Barnes, but he is also a huge collector of vintage PEZ dispensers, which explains the PEZ references in many of his works.
Somewhere I have a picture of Billy Mumy, Weird Al and an old girlfriend of mine standing in front of his collection, which actually got me started collecting them 18 years ago.
Ok, here is a test. Anybody know the relation between Fish Heads (the video) and Aliens (the movie)?

And going off on another Night Flight tangent... does anybody remember watching the Firesign Theatre movie (co-produced by Elephant Parts' Nichael Nesmith), 'The Case of the Missing Yolk'? My parents and I STILL do little in-jokes from that....

"Dear, take some toilet paper with you - I just washed it!"

Pages: 1 14 replies