Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

glowing god

Pages: 1 10 replies

Hi tiki-ites! It's been a little while since I've been on.....doing some freelance and getting ready for tiki oasis 4!
check out one of my candles in action!

B

That really looks Hot. I Like it.

thanks ben! that's from a couple of nights ago..glows great when it burns down a bit

Update! this is about 16 hours into it over a period of many nights as I work in my studio!

well, I guess it had to come to this!
Oh the humanity!

[ Edited by: suburbanpagan on 2004-03-10 15:24 ]

B

Oh Well. If you light it you lose it but what a pretty ride. Thanks for showing that sequence, it was interesting. How much do you sell your candles for?

thanks ben! although it is a love/hate thing to burn each little guy down, knowing that he did a great job filling my room with enchantment ( nice glow and coconut/pineapple scent) gives me peace. That, and knowing I can walk across the room and make another is nice too! haha! this guy burns for over 20 hours and is an absolute STEAL at $12 dollars...thanks for asking! I'm peddling at tiki oasis again this year! it's getting close! I can't wait!

Maybe you say this somewhere else...but incase you haven't...do you scultp each one individually or do you make a mold and cast the candles in their tiki shapes?
Just curious...very cool stuff, by the way. I think tikis look pretty cool when they have a glow about them...makes them look more ominous.

thanks for the interest! I carve the originals and then make a silicone mold which is very durable and allows me to cast many different materials...now I'm casting candle holders out of cement so you never lose your sculpture!

here's my "crier" just before the tears start flowing!

Pages: 1 10 replies