Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Beyond Tiki, Bilge, and Test / Beyond Tiki

PEZ Heads

Pages: 1 19 replies

If you happen to be a PEZ collector, or just want to read a humorous item description, check out my auction at http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2228762926

I have about 200 PEZ in my collection, but am not the kind of serious collector who values mint, sealed boxed items like this. In fact, I'm thinking about liquidating my entire collection, if you know anybody who might be interested...

[ Edited by: TikiMaxton on 2004-03-01 14:07 ]

8T

I just passed your message on to a friend who collects PEZ. I gave him your email from your profile. He may be contacting you about the collection.

Thanks! Somewhere I have an inventory of everything in the collection. I'll dig it up if he contacts me...

Mark

J
JonPez posted on Wed, Mar 3, 2004 6:31 AM

Another PEZhead here!
Been kinda away from the PEZ collecting world for a while, just concentrating on tiki.
I would be willing to trade some mugs and other tiki stuff for some vintage PEZ...
Email me if interested.

The Pacific Coast Pez Convention is this weekend in Long Beach, CA. March 11-13th
http://www.pezcific.com

Same here. I only have a couple of vintage pieces as I recall - I have a Pluto footless MIB and a footless Batman (if I remember correctly) that's used but in good condition. I think everything else is standard issue, except for a fair number of European dispensers and a Japanese Droopy Dog in blister pack. Any of those tickle your fancy?

On 2004-03-03 06:31, JonPez wrote:
Another PEZhead here!
Been kinda away from the PEZ collecting world for a while, just concentrating on tiki.
I would be willing to trade some mugs and other tiki stuff for some vintage PEZ...
Email me if interested.

Holy Moly!

I completely forgot about that! I'm not into paying $30 for the weekend registration, but there is an "Open to the Public" entry fee for Sunday only for $5! Hmmm...the wifes out of town right now until Monday. I think I just may live it up and go there! Woohoo!

PEZ ARMY

Here is a smattering of my collection. I found one of my PEZ boxes and I think it's time to send them out into the world... but before I do that, I thought I'd share a pic.

-Z

Wow, from the looks of it you have some nice pieces. In my collecting days I never did have many footless - at that time competition was really hot for the good pieces and my pockets weren't all that deep. Now it looks like the bottom's dropped out, ever since PEZ decided to cater to the collectors. I need to figure out what I'm going to do with my collection, as it's just taking up space in a box right now. Thanks for sharing!

Mark

D

couldn't decide which topic to put this under ~ so i'm glomming onto this one.

so, is this tiki or not?

they use the word in the description:
"Herewith: the Slovenian "Jungle Mission" PezĀ© dispenser, with tiki head, flashlight, small magnifier, smaller compass, and a 5cm ruler. Plus a belt clip. And (2) packs of candy. It's 6" long in red and green plastic and takes (2) "AAA" batteries (not included).

to purchase

UJ

my FIL gives me his copies of FHM magazine, because, well like me he was hoping it would have nudie gals in it. But besides that it's a decent reader in the outhouse.

But besides all of that, they have an article about this artist named Packard Jennings (Oakland , CA) who sculpted heads of three dead rappers (BIG, Easy-E and Tupac). PEZ ofcourse doesn't care for them, but they look pretty darn realistic for pez heads. http://www.centennialsociety.com/durham.html is where you can see them. "Fallen Rapper PEZ"

I wonder if someone should sculpt TC or tiki heads.. hmmm. If someone does that, I want credit.. and a few free ones. :wink:

http://www.unklejohn.com

My Tiki Lounge http://unklejohn.suddenlaunch.com/index.cgi

[ Edited by: Unkle John 2005-07-06 18:41 ]

When I worked at Pixar (where I had my entire collection displayed in my office), my crew sculpted a PEZ head of me for my birthday. It was super cool, and I still have it, though it no longer looks like me due to various head and facial hair changes...

E
eel posted on Fri, Jul 8, 2005 1:43 PM

On 2005-06-25 08:06, TikiMaxton wrote:
Now it looks like the bottom's dropped out, ever since PEZ decided to cater to the collectors.

I'm not sure the bottom has dropped on Pez. I recently found some no feet in my parents attic, which will probably go on ebay soon.

FZ is doing VERY well with his PEZ ebay auctions. He should post them here.

H

I've got a couple hundred PEZ dispensers, I've been collecting them since I was a kid -- my Mom & I used to go on PEZ Quests, driving around town to look for dispensers we didn't already have. I still buy them, but I don't buy them second-hand, I've only purchased them from the store. Every now & then I check out eBay auctions for kicks, some of the ones I have are worth quite a bit -- of special note are my two rubber-head Batman & Batgirl dispensers from the '70s. I just have them dumped in boxes, I'm not really very into them, I just buy them as a nostalgia thing.

Has anyone checked out the Pez museum in the South Bay (San Mateo?)

I've always wanted to go there...

On 2005-07-08 14:20, dangergirl299 wrote:
Has anyone checked out the Pez museum in the South Bay (San Mateo?)

In my heavy collection days I visited there, and it was pretty amazing (though strange - it's also a computer repair shop). I got some of my rarer European and Japanese dispensers there. It's worth the trip if you're in the neighborhood...

D

dangergirl, i've been to the pez museum... make sure you call first, they have limited hours. its small, but jammed packed with stuff. my favorite is the Jack in the Box display, with a signed letter from Jack himself!

not sure it's worth a trip to see all by itself, but if youre in the neighborhood, its a fun way to kill a couple hours.

e

8T

I know the guy who wrote the book on PEZ. Literally, He is a very good close friend. We work at the same company and live just a couple of miles apart. GREAT guy and he is very passionate about all things PEZ. Collectors should get his books and consider contacting him if you have PEZ questions.

T

I'll dig for it...somewhere I saw a cartoony drawing of a rapa nui head tilted back, revealing that it was, in fact, one of the PEZ DISPENSERS OF THE GODS.

Shameless self promotion:

Big Top Elephant

Cow A in Blue

Red Fireman

Boy With Cap

Bid now!

Now I say, NOW!

-Z

Pages: 1 19 replies