Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Tiki Lagun , Stockton - Any Tikis?

Pages: 1 11 replies

UB

I found this place by accident.
Anyone been there? Any tikis?
There is nothing tiki in the photos that they provide.
Jungle Trader, looks like an untapped market for ya.(?)
Cheap rent to live in a boat, though.

http://www.tikimarina.com/html/home.html

Unga

T
thejab posted on Mon, Mar 1, 2004 2:57 PM

I went there once a while ago. I don't remember seeing any tikis left. However, in Stockton there's a great Polynesian apartment complex with a large Moai in front.

T
thejab posted on Mon, Mar 1, 2004 2:59 PM
T

ah-ha! i was thinking about posting a little ditty on tiki lagoon for a few months now. the sign is in a tiki-esque font and it has palm trees on it. no tikis in sight. HOWEVER, in the gift shop, there was a flag one could purchase for their boat. the flag DOES have a tiki on it...i'll have to figure out how to scan it properly. its a nice all stitched flag too! :)

also, around this area is the lost isle which is known for the mai tais. it is literally an island, only accessible by boat. it is open only in the summer and is quite the place. im sure luckydesigns is familiar with this place being it is somewhat of a frat thing, with joe making the mai tais (not true ones, but damn tasty) :drink:

yes, i agree that jungletrader needs to get out there and speak to them about getting some carvings. i already spoke to jt's sidekick mick about the place (giving you a heads up jungletrader about that...sorry!) shall tiki central bombard the owners? i swear we need to start some sort of a preservation society....

[ Edited by: tikicleen 2009-05-07 12:17 ]

Well I never knew.

I wonder if this should be in the "Locating Tiki" forum.

must carve more...must carve more.

M

On 2004-03-01 16:20, tikicleen wrote:
my husband...the drunken hat....works for pepsi and delivers there from time to time. HOWEVER, in the gift shop, there was a flag one could purchase for their boat. the flag DOES have a tiki on it...i'll have to figure out how to scan it properly. having the pepsi connection and all, we were able to get it fo free. its a nice all stitched flag too! :)

hmmm- tiki flag.....How much are they--I'd love to see a scan--bruce

Lost Isle is a drunken disaster. It's like a 'Girls Gone Wild' video shoot gone horribly wrong. Very comparable to a Lake Havasu type thing. Ugh.

....and peacocks, there are peacocks all over that damn island! They're mean.

LD.....law enforcement has probably cracked down on that sort of thing by now....wouldn't you think? 2 years ago our version of that (X festival) was out of control but since, it's been cleaned up. Kids can only get away with that if there's no law enforcement....besides you would think the owner would want to have a better image. ??????

T

here is the official tiki lagun flag. its made out of a heavy nylon. the tiki appears to be their mascot...however no true tikis stand on the grounds (anymore, that is.. false advertising! i wonder if a postcard exists of this place back in the 60's. i would have to think there were some tikis there back then.

mr smiley~are you still interested? lemme know and we can pick you up one in the next few weeks.

:drink:

On 2004-03-02 21:50, tikicleen wrote:
mr smiley~are you still interested?

Thanks for posting this photo tikicleen!
I was so interested, I actually called them up to buy one, totally blind of what it looked like. The manager said she sold the last one two weeks ago and doesn't think they are getting any more.They were even out of shirts. They have some hats left. Now I'm really disappointed. Let me know if your interested in selling it.

hey unga~

just a warning. the hats are truck-stop style mesh hats. they do have the same logo, but its one color (i think). sorta white trashy.
from what i recall, the t shirts did not have tikis on them. cant really remember. however, their pamphlets and business cards still have tikis on them.

i hope this helps!

:)

[ Edited by: tikicleen 2009-05-07 12:18 ]

M

On 2004-03-02 22:06, Unga Bunga wrote:

On 2004-03-02 21:50, tikicleen wrote:
mr smiley~are you still interested?

Thanks for posting this photo tikicleen!
I was so interested, I actually called them up to buy one, totally blind of what it looked like. The manager said she sold the last one two weeks ago and doesn't think they are getting any more.They were even out of shirts. They have some hats left. Now I'm really disappointed. Let me know if your interested in selling it.

snif!!!

Pages: 1 11 replies