Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Mauna-Loa Lounge Postcard

Pages: 1 6 replies

B

I did not know that the two were related....

Whlie rum'aging through my Grandfather Eli's portfolio recently, I came across some sketches of a room like this. It said,

"put seagrass carpet on ceiling for the intoxicated who fall off due to the strong drinks. It will comfort them. Floor to ceiling ratio."

What a trip! I wonder if this is why so many establishments did that.?.

T

I am trying to think of the logic that would make a person say 'Hmm... now that we have a successful restaurant in Mexico, where should we expand to? OF COURSE! The thriving metropolis of Portage-a-Prairie!'.

Weird.

That carpet is making my left eye twitch.

H

bongofury, that postcard is a great find! I'm really excited about it. It lends a smidge of credence to my cockamamie theory that the Mauna Loa that is still in Mexico City is related to the original location.

B

Ben......that's funny! Tikifish.....where is portage? Small town? Fruity cocktail spills would just blend into that carpet, no need for clean-up. Humuhumu.....wasn't there also one in Detroit? When is your road trip to check it out? Funny...I found a swizzle last week from the Mexico location......

H

There was a great sounding restaurant called Mauna Loa in Detroit, but I've always thought they were unrelated. Formikahini & I are chatting again about taking that trip... now we just have to find the right time to do it! Hopefully this summer??

T

Yes, the Mauna Loa in Detroit is entirely unrelated to this venture. There's a thread on it in locating tiki with lots of info, if you want.

Pages: 1 6 replies