Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Purple Orchid 3rd Anniversary Party, NOT March 6, but we're goin' anyhow!

Pages: 1 9 replies

DZ

I don't want to step on anyones toes or anything ('cause Wersmo Derinc should be posting this...), but I was afraid that if somebody didn't post something about it soon, nobody would know about it until it was too late!!

The Purple Orchid 3rd Anniversary Party Saturday, March 6, 2004

Call the P.O. at (310) 322-5829 for details.

Doctor Z
Mix-maestro of the Castaway Lounge,
Redondo Beach, CA

[ Edited by: Doctor Z on 2004-03-04 13:22 ]

Sounds like a great time as usual. We love Dave and Rebecca and the PO... an outanding addition to South Bay drinking establishments. Parrots and Tikis rule!

T

FYI-----My friend Mike, who works the door on the weekends, told me Dave changed the date of the party. The new date is March 13th. Mike said there are flyers up at the PO that have the 13th on them.

DZ

On 2004-03-04 01:02, TikiPug wrote:
FYI-----My friend Mike, who works the door on the weekends, told me Dave changed the date of the party. The new date is March 13th. Mike said there are flyers up at the PO that have the 13th on them.

(sigh) Ya do a guy a favor by advertisin' his party, and he goes and changes the date on ya...

Well a Saturday night at the P.O. is a party in and of itself, anniversry or not, so we're going anyhow! Me n' Z-Girl, Johnnie and Lady Velour, Tiki Hula (down from NoCal just for the Anniv. Party), my bro & his wahine and some of our other 'lurker' friends will be there, probably twixt 8 and 9. Anyone else?

Oh, and of course we'll be there on the 13th as well...

Yes, It is true. The anniversary party is Saturday, March 13.

H

Wish I could make it, but Mama Humuhumu is in town, and I don't think I could talk her into it. She's kinda skittish!

P

Rats! I could have possibly made the 6th but I can't make the 13th. Oh well, maybe next time.

I'm sure I'll be there, I'll try to get Lady V over. Her Wedding Shower is that day and her parents are in from AZ. So I dont know what her plans are as of now.

JV

H

I talked her into it, after all! And, I even got her to wear one of my waterfall dresses. She looked lovely, a vision in lime. Thanks so much to everyone for making her feel so welcome, she had a great time, and is finally convinced that I have people looking out for me down here.

Mom with Dave & Rebecca

Mom & Me

Some sort of bizarre sculpture Dr. Z made out of parts of Lady Velour's wedding shower cake.

Speaking of Lady Velour, I missed out on crashing Jonnie Velour's bachelor party, but I unwittingly crashed her bachelorette party (sort of) -- I was about to go into the Haunted Mansion when one of my girlfriends said "look -- someone's having a bachelorette party." And whaddya know -- it's Lady Velour!

Oh! Caught in the act! Yes, it is true...I was having my bachlorette @ the happiest place on earth! Sorry I didn't get to say "hi!"
Hope to see everyone on Sat. the 18th!
Cheers!
Kitty Velour "meow:

Pages: 1 9 replies