Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / General Tiki

Sven's Pix of Shelter isle Apartments

Pages: 1 5 replies

B

A big Mahalo to Sven for the loan of his slides and permission to post here. I believe he may have shown these at the Tiki Taix event last week. If not, and for those who weren't there........

[ Edited by: bongofury on 2004-03-02 21:13 ]

Beautiful. Is it possible to list the address for those who might want to vist for a closer look?

Man That's Cool!!! What is the average age of the Renter there?

B

Shelter Isle is gone. We went by there last year and a large house was being built on the site (Arcadia, California). 2 of the large Tikis are now here in Thousand Oaks, CA. TCer's are welcome to stop when in the area to see them.

Can someone post a link to the TC thread that shows bongofury's relics that started this? Then you can compare the pics of his Tikis and them in situ here.

I forgot to show the slide with the two rusted out Bar-B-Qs and the lone spear hanging on the stucco wall, I like it as a poignant reminder of the devolution of Tiki style.

On 2004-03-03 08:05, bongofury wrote:
Shelter Isle is gone. We went by there last year and a large house was being built on the site (Arcadia, California). 2 of the large Tikis are now here in Thousand Oaks, CA. TCer's are welcome to stop when in the area to see them.

I wonder if they were smart enough to keep the pond?

Pages: 1 5 replies