Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Un-event: Oooh noooooo! Tiki Ti still closed (sob, sob, sniff)

Pages: 1 7 replies

This from their website. Apparently the whole concrete floor had to be ripped out and the pipes redone....Wadda we gonna DO !?:

Tiki-Ti Alert!
The Tiki-Ti will be closed
for repairs until further notice.
Sorry for the inconvenience.
Please enjoy the website.
UPDATE: The Tiki will be closed
for at least another 2 weeks.
Posted March 2nd 2004

F

I hope they didn't disturb anything else!

I hope their insurance didn't require them to waive water intrusion claims as a basis for renewal of the policy.

Maybe they can skip the concrete and just use sand and keep the door open (mold prevention) for the alfresco feeling.

MB

I hope their insurance didn't require them to waive water intrusion claims as a basis for renewal of the policy.

Me too. I hope they thought of that.

H

The latest per the Tiki-Ti website:

UPDATE:

Most of the repairs are completed.

The Tiki will be closed

for at least another

2 weeks as of March 8th.

Arrrrgh! What's takin' so long if it's all fixed....
I hope they put everything back JUST as it was, and don't get any fancy redecoratin' ideas :(

H

Aw, I'm sure they know better than to redecorate... I'm sure it'll take some time to clean up after all these repairs, lots of concrete dust in the air that's settled all over... it's probably going to be two straight weeks of swiffering.

bigbrotiki wrote:
Arrrrgh! What's takin' so long if it's all fixed....

I'm sure that having all the concrete dug up made quite a mess, and Mike & Mike are probably very picky as to how it is cleaned up. The Los Angeles Health Department's website shows that Tiki-Ti has the highest grading that they can give (100 points!). Maintaining that status should be no surprise considering the high quality of service and high quality of drinks that they make.

In addition, they have probably taken this opportunity to add their "vacation time" with the temporary closing. Their next vacation closure would be coming up soon anyway (last year they took their vacations in April, July, November & Christmas), so it's possible that they didn't want to close for repairs, and then close again shortly after for vacation.

Just my 2 coconuts worth.

Pages: 1 7 replies