Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Tiki Carving

JAMIO Taboo Tiki Art now available at Aisletiki.com

Pages: 1 9 replies

M

I'm posting to direct some attention to one of our vendors, who has just added Jami's artwork to their inventory of tiki home decor items. Yay! Thank you Aisletiki!!!

We appreciate the support that Aisletiki.com has given us. While you're shopping around for your tiki-fied pad, please give these guys a looksee...@;-)

http://www.aisletiki.com

Thanks,

Rae and Jamio

Nice looking stuff. Very moody. These look like they're either oil or acrylic. Am I close?

C

The Kong Tiki and Devil's Paradise are my favorites. Very cool, texture and colors. Whats the medium?

Chongolio

M

Well now, being that I'm a sneaky lil' Mystiki...how 'bout for fun I say if you guess what the medium is and you're the first person to get it right-I'll mail you a free Jamio print of your choice. @;-)
Howz that for shameless self-promotion?

Anyone can play along. Here's a hint; Jamio works with "non-traditional" tools and materials.

Chongolio, I checked out Lost Isle.com. Gosh, you've got a great web presence. I love how user friendly your site is...groovy illustrations, too. Neat-o!

Looks to be computer generated. My guess is Photoshop.

Didi I Win?
Didi I Win?

M
Mganga posted on Fri, Mar 5, 2004 8:28 AM

My guess is that he uses some sort of digital tablet, sort of like a virtual canvas piped into Photoshop or some other illustration app.

C

My guess would be that you do a first version using oils or acryllic, scan it then start goofin' in photoshop and/or painter.
However you do it, you have come up with some neat effects and atmosphere

Chongolio, Chongolio, Bo Bongolio, Boanana, Fanna, Fo Fongolio, Fee Fy, Mo Mongolio
Chongolio!

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-03-05 19:47 ]

M

You are CORRECT, sir!!! @;-)

BTW, I'm mad at you for being more creative than me in the "name the tiki flask" contest...but oh, wait a minute...I'm over that now...@;-)

Well, can I send you a free print?...it would be a priveledge to be hung in the house of Chongolio! PM me with your shipping info. and which print you want, and I'll get one out to you on Monday.

Thanks all for playing along...

R-A..Rae, R-E..Re, R-I Ritty Ri, R-O Ro, Ritty Ri, Ro, Rae Ro, Rooo...Rooo @;-),

Rae

On 2004-03-05 19:45, Chongolio wrote:
My guess would be that you do a first version using oils or acryllic, scan it then start goofin' in photoshop and/or painter.
However you do it, you have come up with some neat effects and atmosphere

Chongolio, Chongolio, Bo Bongolio, Boanana, Fanna, Fo Fongolio, Fee Fy, Mo Mongolio
Chongolio!

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-03-05 19:47 ]

No way another win. Is there is no stopping my Monkey luck. I have a great place to hang a copy of Kong Tiki. I will PM you with my info or you can grab it off my site, its on the info page. Oh yeah, thanks for checking out my site. I am planning on getting some more stuff up on it soon.

Thanks for the chance to win big. Good luck with your art. The folks over at Aisletiki are good people.

Now off to Munktiki's site to enter his weekly contest. Let us see where this lucky streak stops.
Mahaloz,
Chongolio

P.S. I thought I had a difficult name for the name game, yours is way more trick Rae.

I got my Kong tiki print. It is really bitchin' very intriguing and original. With a technique that does not look over cooked in photoshop these prints look ethereal and moody fo sho.
Thanx for sendin' one out to me.

Chongolio

-- I believe that our Heavenly Father invented the monkey because he was disappointed in man."
... Mark Twain

Come explore http://www.lost-isle.com

[ Edited by: Chongolio on 2004-04-16 19:58 ]

Pages: 1 9 replies