Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Purple Orchid 3rd Anniversary Party March 13

Pages: 1 15 replies

We will give each person who attends a special souvenir from Tiki Farm!

Thanks again to King Kukulele and Crazy Al for a great Valentikitine show!

We're located at
221 Richmond Street
El Segundo, CA 90245
(310) 322-5829

For those who are coming from afar or just don't want to drive home we recommend a night at the

Hacienda Hotel
$69 plus tax
525 N. Sepulveda Blvd.
(310) 615-0015

Hilton Hotel
$99 for the family room, sleeps four!
2100 E. Mariposa
(310) 726-0100

[ Edited by: Wersmo Derinc on 2004-03-07 13:41 ]

UB

Which hotel had the vibrating bed again? :)

K
k'eli posted on Fri, Mar 5, 2004 1:49 PM

Aloha!

Lookin' forward to this.

Booking bands is sometimes like herding cats.

The Volcanics will not be able to play, so we will bring you a rockabilly extravaganza with

Dawn Shipley and the Sharpshooters!

Dawn is our longtime friend and she has a great band we're sure you will enjoy.

Plus, we have procured a special surprise souvenir to give to everyone who attends this event. Holden at Tiki Farm came through for us once again to help make this a great event.

We hope to see you all there!

Dawn Shipley and the Sharpshooters!

is this the band with that Cool Flat Top song they are playing on 103.1 out here??

H

Naw, that's the Horrorpops.

BS

We're in !!
It's our 18th anaiversary at midnight.

[ Edited by: Bike Shack on 2004-03-07 21:57 ]

Hi all(bump)
I think this night will be a blast,see you there.

Woohoo! Dawn Shipley and the Sharpshooters!
See you all there!

Johnnie & Lady Velour

Hey guys I know Dawn and I just thought I would put in the correction, it's actually Dawn Shapely, anyways, I am incredibley stressed out right now and desperately need to blow off some steam. A tiki party with my tiki peeps seems like the absolute best way to charge myself back up.

See you all there.

DZ

(Sorry about the last minute post, but I've been at Camp all week with my kids and I'm runnin' a bit behind!)

Tiki Hula will be taking his fabulous Witco fountain back home with him to San Jose this weekend, and if'n anyone wants to check it out before it leaves the South Bay forever, come on by the Castaway Lounge this evening (7-ish) before you head out to the Purple Orchid Anniversary. Naturally, the Good Doctor will be mixin' drinks to compliment your viewing experience. NOTE: You WILL be viewed with suspicion if you arrive with 1). a flatbed truck; 2). big, burly, Mafioso-types; 3). great quantities of cash.

No need to rsvp or bring anything, just come over. We'll head out to the P.O. 'round 9-ish...

Directions: 1303 S. Helberta Avenue, Redondo Beach. From the 405, exit at Hawthorne Blvd. Take Hawthorne south and make a RIGHT on Torrance Blvd. From Torrance Blvd., make a LEFT on Palos Verdes Blvd. After a mile or so, make a LEFT at the first stop sign after Prospect; which is Helberta. The Castaway Lounge is in the second house on the right, with the torch burning in the front yard.

M

I'm definately coming with my wife. I've got my cocktail shirt ironed and ready to roll. Hope to see you TCers there tonight. Oh my throat is already parched....Ugh Ugh... I must have rum...ugh ugh.

Rebecca and I want to thank all the TCers for their support for these three years of building, growing, hangovers and fun! Thanks to Dawn Shilpley and the Sharpshooters for a great show and to Holden at Tiki Farm for the shot glasses we were able to give away as souvenirs. If you missed the party all I can say is email your email address to me and I will add you to our list. We have several great shows coming up such as the Smokin' Menehunes and the ONLY LA APPEARANCE BY the FISHERMAN TRIO on the Saturday before TIKI OASIS IV!

I will post some pictures as soon as my hangover clears and I can focus my eyes again!

Dave

Man, Dave, was that last drink made with 151 or something? I've never been so drunk off of 1.5 drinks before (and I ate dinner before coming!) Yikes! It was a little rough going to the Rose Bowl bright & early the next morning, but it was worth it -- had a great time. Happy Anniversary!

Here are my bizarro-as-usual pictures.

Hi
My wife and I had a great time ,and the band great. You were all a lot of fun, thanks for includeing us.

[ Edited by: Bike Shack on 2004-03-15 13:06 ]

M

It was a fun night. It was good meeting more TCers and seeing Humuhumu again! I know I sure had my share of the necter of the gods! My head was swimming!!! Band was great and WOW the place was packed!! It was my first time there and it won't be the last! I picked up a Purple Orchid mug for good measure!

Pages: 1 15 replies