Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Gather Ye Rosebuds Where Ye May, or, All's Well That Ends Well

Pages: 1 2 replies

K
kctiki posted on Thu, Mar 4, 2004 5:21 PM

I woke up this morning looking forward to a light workload…and an ominous dull throb in my cheek. The dentist worked me in early. Since her office is right down the street from my lucky 50-cent Tiki Mug Thrift Store, it wasn’t all bad. Except she advised me to make an immediate appointment with an endodontist.

Thought I’d just make a quick run thru the Thrift Store knick knack department first, but the tooth was really starting to hurt bad so I call the damn Root Canal Clinic instead. An hour and $987.00 later, I’m browsing Osco Drugs “Crazy Dollar Daze” aisle waiting for my pain prescription when I spot a bright, cheery rack of Aloha wear.

Just when I’d given up finding the right ensemble for the big Blue Hawaiian Cocktail Party and Bean Oil Bash, here’s a full spectrum of Polynesian print sundresses for the unbelievably low price of $5.00! OK, so they’re made in Russia on cheap polyester which will be a static cling nightmare, but what the hell? Mother Jones hasn’t guilted me into boycotting the Russian garment industry (yet), so what’s another five bucks?

Heck, you could buy a couple just with the intent of using the fabric for redoing some Cost Plus/Pier One lamps!

TG

Darn, kctiki, I was hoping after all that $$ you had to shell out, you were gonna say you came across a couple of Ren Clark severed heads (which would easily pay via eBay for the root canal)! But aren't you the positive little thing, finding pleasure and joy in a $5 polyester dress!

And I thought I was Queen Sunny-Side-Up!!

(sorry that happened to you :( )

Pages: 1 2 replies