Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Hawaiian at Target

Pages: 1 4 replies

I remember something being posted about target, but I couldn't find it and I think it had to do with the pajamas, not my fun finds below...

We just went to target to buy a $2 toy and came out spending $86. We found bamboo flatware, bamboo candles, rattan decor, hurricane glasses, hibiscus plates and coasters, and more ... we grabbed all we could fit in our hands, but we may have to go back for more. Our place needed a little springtime cheer after all the rain we've been getting.

T

Not sure if this is what you meant, but I posted that I found Tiki sleep shorts and pants at Target.The shorts had a couple of Tikis on the left leg(?) and the pants had Tikis all over them.

Thanks for the tip on the kitchenware.

W

Yep, as in years past Target has an outdoor dish collection (plastic) that has swell Hawaii inspired graphics. The colors in the pieces vwtikigirl mentioned are really bright (in a good way) and the flower graphics on the plates will probably appeal to you Shag fans.
Get 'em quick, the popular seasonal stuff at Target flies off the shelf and they usually don't get any more in.
For you bigger budget folks they have some really swell looking fake (I mean "faux") palm trees in their garden furniture section. Around $75 for the around 4-footer, less for a smaller size. In the same section there's also some nice paper lantern light sets at typically reasonable prices (I think $10 for a string of ten honeydew melon sized lanterns).
And I gotta heckuva deal on white socks...$5 for 6 pairs, and such fine quality!

D

Went to Target today-found some really neat wine charms with tropical drinks on two of them.That was fun enough,but you also get coasters with them with them-two are a martini glass and wine glass,but the other two are tropical drinks-one says "FooFoo" and has a pineapple drink and the other one says "Exotic",and has a tiki mug on it.The coasters are pretty flimsy-feel like board games pieces,but they're fun.Also picked up two bamboo votive candle holders with fun shades.Was a happy trip.

Pages: 1 4 replies