Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Do you have Vintage Hawaii souvenir state plates?

Pages: 1 4 replies

8T

We have picked these up for awhile and love the old state plates, table cloths & frosted drinking glasses. It's fun to have a gathering of friends and serve them on these dishes. We don't use the Hawaii ones. They are displayed on the wall. But all the other states are used. And, everyone gets to select their own state so no one ever forgets whose plate or glass is whose (until they're pretty drunk that is). Besides, state plates are really very affordable to collect and pretty plentiful. Most of these measure 9"-10" across and often have tikis on them! Don't think we have ever paid over 2-3 dollars for one. We would be interested to see other Hawaii plates so if you have any different ones, can you post your pictures here so that everyone can see the variety of what's out there? Thanks.

Save the Tikis!

[ Edited by: 8FT Tiki on 2004-03-07 19:52 ]

T

Ah yes, I have one I scored for a quarter in Combermere, Ontario. I will take a pic for you next time I have my camera out!

A

I have a few plates.

Above: Notice this one has the same art work as one of your plates.

Below:I have some ashtrays and this epic clock.

Mahalo,
Al

[ Edited by: Alnshely on 2004-03-07 20:57 ]

Me like! Need to get!

I have some souvenir plates from Hawaii with Tikis etc.. they often were made with paints that were not for eating off of (toxic) also you can scratch the paint designs if using for consumption. Great plates you guys!

Pages: 1 4 replies