Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / California Events

Maikai Gents & The Blue Hawaiians March 25 - Lava Lounge, Hollywood-Photos!

Pages: 1 13 replies

IG

Aloha, Tiki Central!

Our little combo will be playing a super-charged south-seas set the evening of Thursday, March 25 at Hollywood's fabulous Lava Lounge! Appearing on the same bill will be a very rare and exciting appearance by The Blue Hawaiians. WOW! This is a definite don't-miss event for all you tiki/hawaiian/exotic music afficianados and fun lovers. Tickets will be $10 at the door or $7 advance purchase. To get the $7 tickets, you can either go to Lava Lounge on a night before March 25 or e-mail [email protected] and get on the list. For location and other info please see http://www.lavahollywood.com
We can't wait to see you there for tropical tunes, tippling and temptations!

-Iuka Grogg

Sway your hula hips over to http://www.mkgents.com

[ Edited by: Iuka Grogg on 2004-03-26 14:58 ]

T

Judd,

That does sound like a fantastic show, and at a great venue. Have fun!

TM1

Iuka, I will definetely try and make it! You guys rule!!

On this night, we'll have the debut of the first ever Maikai Gents merchandise! Superfantasic stickers designed by Chichiwan (www.chihuahuaplanet.com) with illustrations by Miehana(Indeed, the very same fellow Beachbum Berry named the drink after). Come on out and enjoy wonderful entertainment in a fabulous tikified-cozy setting and take home a nifty-sticky souvenir of your memorable evening (insert your own joke here). See you on the 25th!

-GROGG!

I liked seeing the Maikai Gents listed in the Los Angeles Times Weekend section on Thursday.

D

Ikua G, I think the doors open at 8:30? Right? But what time do you think the Maikai Gents will take the stage?

[ Edited by: DawnTiki on 2004-03-23 20:43 ]

Aloha, Dawn Tiki!

We'll be starting our set between 9:30 & 9:45. I look forward to seeing you and all the fine Tiki Centralites at this island fest! Aloha!

-Iuka

p.s. I think the doors open at 9:00.

[ Edited by: Iuka Grogg on 2004-03-24 10:52 ]

I WANT A STICKER!!! I believe that Miehana is one of the great underrated artists of our gggeneration. At least he still has both his ears. I'm looking forward to seeing the Miss and her Gents in the weirdo wacky world of Hollywood again. Any chance that your cousin Rodd Grogg will be showing up?

Looks like Futura Girl's got a plan to paint the town red and then shut it down! Funstuff!
http://www.tikicentral.com/viewtopic.php?topic=8280&forum=4&1

-Grogg

p.s. King K - I doubt Rodd will show up for the show unless there's a satellite hookup. Can we get a satellite hookup?

Aloha, Tiki Central!
We are thrilled to tell you that Tiki Diablo (thechikitiki) will be decorating our stage tonight with his fabulous carvings! Let's give him a rousing welcome home party tonight! Also, the band would love to take a group photo with all the fine Tiki Central folks right after our set, so wear your finest aloha attire. Mahalo and see you tonight!

-The Mysterious Miss Mauna Loa

Dear Mr. Grogg,
Sattelite links don't grow on trees, but after my first Margarita Slush at Tiki Ti tonight I'll walk next door to KCET and see if they'll lend me dish for the Lava Lounge...and about that group photo. If my "finest Aloha attire" equals Trader Pups "worst Aloha attire" am I still welcome?
King

I'm Ready

Holy Hale Hawaii, that was fun last night! The crowd was so responsive and full of aloha that we'd like to take you home with us, we'd love to take you home! Thanks to the Tiki Central gang who came out. Tikitanked brought me my beautiful Coltrane mug. Christiki295 hit the Lounge sporting a fresh flower lei and his Sventiki mug. DawnTiki wins the prize for driving the longest distance to the show and for being so hula-happy! Futura Girl graced our presence with hers. Hanalei Pirate was dressed to thrill(and maybe to do some keel hauling). The Purple Orchid crew was out there cutting a rug. Tiki Diablo (thechikitiki) brought us his signature devil tiki as superb stage decor. What a fine group! Did I miss anyone? Mahalo to youse who sent your friends. We met quite a few folks who said "(Insert your username here) from Tiki Central sent us." Wow, that was good times! Here're a couple pictures:

Can you tell that "Tiny Bubbles" maybe isn't my favorite song?

!!!!!!!!

TikiTanked was also in the house. I also brought along my sister Nancy for her inaugural TC event.

Love the sing-along sheets, but it didn't have the words to Little Grass Shack on it.

Pages: 1 13 replies