Welcome to the Tiki Central 2.0 Beta. Read the announcement
Celebrating classic and modern Polynesian Pop

Tiki Central / Collecting Tiki

Did Witco make a cat?

Pages: 1 20 replies

Like the cat; not so happy with the background. Could this be a Witco?

L
laney posted on Mon, Mar 8, 2004 10:34 PM

I believe it is. I don't have a catalog or anything but do have the same kitty but it's teal where yours is red. If you don't like it, I'll buy it. A girl can't have just one pussy, Witco that is.

[ Edited by: laney on 2004-03-08 22:35 ]

Did Witco make A cat?

More like 30, in all different designs, sizes, formats, as wall hangings, statues etc.

That one is a purdy pussy, by Witco for sure.

Laney, you are a Witco addict!

bigbrotiki answered

...by Witco for sure.

Thank you, oh great and wise, and televised.

Yep, Witco made cats! I've got a different wallhanging then yours. Very chic!
Enjoy! And, if you ever want to unload it let me know....I have, @ last count 35 wooden cats!
Cheers~
Kitty Velour "meow"

Oh very cool! I really like em.

KK

The Cat's very nice & all, but what about that PREDICTA behind it?!? I'll post what I believe to be my "Witco kitty" when I get home (it stands up looking very "Shag-like").

Hey, did you find that at Retro Inferno? Or do you just happen to have the best collection of vintage modern in town?

Where the hell is everybody finding all this WITCO?!?!
ARGH!! When am I gonna find some?

The Cat's very nice & all, but what about that PREDICTA behind it?!?

The TV set didn't work, was missing all the dials and had a blotchy, discolored screen. otherwise, it'd be in my house now.

While we're on the topic, here's an E-bay auction I just found.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3280404436&category=35740

This Coconut-Kitty looks like a good Tiki/Kitty crossover item.

Sabu

On 2004-03-09 10:46, Tikiwahine wrote:
Oh very cool! I really like em.

Well luck be with me, I found a little 8" Witco cat today! $4.99 CAD.
I'll post a picture here tonight.

V

jeeeeezus keeeeeerist!

K

I saw what I think was a Witco cat (about 2.5 feet tall) in an antique store a year or so ago and it was only $30.00. It certainly looked like a Witco but it wasn't marked Witco anywhere and the price tag didn't say who made it so I passed. A week later it was obviously gone. Other than the typical Witco characteristics, how can you be sure it's definitely a Witco?

[ Edited by: Juno 2005-08-30 19:56 ]

Sorry for the crappy pictures, but you get the idea.

[ Edited by: Tikiwahine 2005-08-30 22:45 ]

TD

there is a witco cat in a store here in cleveland,it's the long neck cat mounted and framed with 2 squares boxed in on top and bottom . the backgound of the cat is white,and the 2 sq.top/bottom are orange. they are asking 175.00 .if anyone is interested let me know ,i'll try beat'm down

Tikiwahine posted her 8" kitty:

I've got one of those, and will be tickled if it's Witco. I always assumed it wasn't...didn't think Witco did pieces that small or used those eyes. Can anyone confirm the feline's pedigree?

http://www.thelope.blogspot.com

[ Edited by: tikijackalope 2005-09-07 10:12 ]

C

Since I found this old Witco cat, thread, I thought I'd tack this onto it.

I found this yesterday at a flea market & it made it's way home with me. While not tiki, it certainly is Witco-esque. Does anyone know if it might be actual Witco? I love it & will be keeping it regardless of whether it is a real Witco - it would just be a bonus if it were.

I saw in the prior threads that Witco did do a number of cat items, including carved wall hangings, so just wondering if this might be one?.....

Thoughts??

That's a really nice early Witco. I have never seen an original. I have a B&W photo from an early 60s catalog, and it will be in my new book, on the Witco-cat double page :)

Witco cat wall hanging on Ebay today 62" long!!

C
croe67 posted on Sun, Jul 1, 2007 4:25 PM

Thanks, bigbro - I was hoping you might see my post :wink:
We're not too far from Chicagoland & the Hala Kahiki - if you're ever in the vicinity & want to see it "live", just let me know. :)

Pages: 1 20 replies